Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
AMR,
ticker code is same as your user name...
I had alook at the chart on AMR (american Airlines) and the SP was higher in May than it is now... 25bucks in Sept 07, now $8.53...
gaining back some major losses perhaps...
As for LLC, the SP was two times higher in May than now... $30 in Sept 07, now 4.54...
Agreed, Airlines are poor investing stocks... anyone who suggests otherwise should be ripped apart by a mob of angry beasts in the Pit of Doom...
Yes perhaps someone has made some serious money over the last week, what about the other 99.9% of investors...
Skol, Sell your positions mate...
stick to toy planes....
errrrooooommmmnnnnnn....

.^sc
Hi Shrewd,
Yes I deliberately chose AMR's ticker name as my username, I picked up the name while playing a stockmarket game (Wall$treet raider). I made a Buffett-like fortune by acquiring AMR after the US declared war on Iran and detonated a warhead in Tehran, and then selling out after the US flooded the world with cheap oil in the aftermath.

But yes, airlines are a **** investment in RL. As an industry they lose money half the time. It doesn't mean you can't take advantage of uptrends in the share price though and then dump them quickly.