sharetrader
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    If I was locked in and had to buy a bunch of airlines, I chop my arm off to break a contract...
    You see buddy... In ten years I'd buy a robotic arm... compare that to having airlines and no flash arm just the one ive already got....
    Id go out in a blaze of glory with a chainsaw.... hahaha....

.^sc
    Wow...You have one hell of an imagination shrewdy

trackers,
    thats how against Airlines I am...
    There aint no better way to lose money as an investor....
    NZ finance companies are 'King Kong' compared to airlines...
    For real....

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Airlines are for TRADERS, not INVESTORS. They are good stocks for TAs to take money off Mary-Holm "Buy and Hold" types. MoSteph over on the NZX forum grabbed a quick 20% off AIR recently, and AIR was a 2 bagger over the last 3 years (1.3->3.3). Not quite up there with NZO but it still beats the others.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Banned

trackers,
    thats how against Airlines I am...
    There aint no better way to lose money as an investor....
    NZ finance companies are 'King Kong' compared to airlines...
    For real....

.^sc
    Let's check your picks since 16/7

AKK -20%

LMP -4%

CTPOA -30%

CTP -25%

CUE -2%

LMPO - So illiquid who knows.

Mmmmm-airlines not so bad after all.

skol,
    over the last five years my stocks have gone up every year including this year..
    over the last five years those airline stocks and most others have trended down... your small window of performance over the last two weeks is laughable....
    The biggest weightings on my portfolio are CUE and LMP/LMPO...
    only holding around 10% on CTP/CTPOA...
    I just sold AKK before at 21cents...
    I could not be happier this year apart from Central, and selling a few more LMPO's at the top...
    thanks for clearing that up skol...
    Id rather stroll with one arm at my side than holding airline stocks... I make no bones about that....
    catch you round....
    later..

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Banned

skol,
    over the last five years my stocks have gone up every year including this year..
    So have everyone's stocks. A monkey throwing darts could've outperformed the index.

Airline stocks have declined because of the POO. Let's see how it goes from now on.

"BERMUDA,BERMUDA, this is SKOL, do you read?"
    Last edited by Skol; 05-08-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMR View Post
    Airlines are for TRADERS, not INVESTORS. They are good stocks for TAs to take money off Mary-Holm "Buy and Hold" types. MoSteph over on the NZX forum grabbed a quick 20% off AIR recently, and AIR was a 2 bagger over the last 3 years (1.3->3.3). Not quite up there with NZO but it still beats the others.
    AMR you are so right. Airlines are for traders ...... I wouldnt touch them with a forty foot pole but hey MoSteph (and others) are very technical traders and know what they are doing.

I was going to say "shrewd" traders but thought I would cop the wrath of the Crude Shrewd.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    AMR you are so right. Airlines are for traders ...... I wouldnt touch them with a forty foot pole but hey MoSteph (and others) are very technical traders and know what they are doing.

I was going to say "shrewd" traders but thought I would cop the wrath of the Crude Shrewd.
    U R on to it Skol, get that oil price down The above from Oiler, does this mean u r a trader ? Skol, as from memory u have implied u do not hold airline shares at the moment.

Fuel costs hit Air France profits

Air France-KLM has increased fares to counter rising costs

Rising fuel prices and slowing economic growth have hit quarterly profits at airline Air France-KLM.
    Net profits for the April to June period were down nearly 60% from a year ago to 168m euros ($261m; £133m).
    Passenger numbers rose 3.7% in the quarter compared with a year earlier, even though the airline raised fares to counter higher costs.
    Many airlines are cutting routes and increasing fares, and predict tougher times ahead for the industry.
    Last week, British Airways said the airline faced the "worst trading environment ever," as it reported a 88% fall in pre-tax quarterly profit for the three months to June. And budget carrier Ryanair recently warned it could see an annual loss of up to 60m euros. Last month, Air France said it was in talks about a possible joint-venture with French utility firm Veolia to operate several rail services, a move that analysts say could help the airline reduce costs.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Banned

Yep, aviation stocks are a bummer all right, only up 169% in a week.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/a...07/post-7.html
    Last edited by Skol; 06-08-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Super Investor

Here's one for you skol.

May 16 - Ethiopian Scores High in its Nine Months Performance

Ethiopian Airlines recorded strong results in many of its performance parameters during the nine months of the fiscal year 2007/08. Based on the preliminary reports, Ethiopian generated 6.6 billion birr operating revenue during the nine months which is 29% up from last year. A net profit of 484 million birr is recorded for this period which is appreciably higher than the same period last year. Ethiopian transported 1.9 million passengers, a 19% increase as compared to the previous year. “This performance was achieved as a result of the hard work and dedication of Ethiopian employees, astute leadership of the management team, the strong support from the Airline’s customers and other stakeholders,” said Ato Girma Wake, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ethiopian.

The substantial improvements in revenue and traffic growth were attributed mainly due to the apparent capacity growth in terms of increased frequency, introduction of new flights on the international sector, from cargo revenue as well as other service categories.

The total operating expenses during the nine months increased by 21%. Fuel cost representing the lion’s share was followed by aircraft/engine lease and payroll expenses. The CEO, Ato Girma Wake noted, "Fuel price remains of concern to the industry as a whole and Ethiopian believes that costs will continue to escalate into the next quarter given the present trend in price of fuel."

The major activities during the nine months of the budget year included:

Leasing one B757-200 passenger aircraft
    Launching service to Abu Dhabi and Zanzibar
    Implementation of Codeshare agreement with Gulf Air and Air One
    Signing an agreement with Boeing to acquire two MD-11 Freighter aircraft
    Leasing two B747-200 freighters pending the delivery of the MD-11s
    Entering into partnership with Lufthansa on Frequent Flyer Programme
    Installing B737-NG Simulator
    Despite the escalating fuel price and stiff competition, Ethiopian scored the highest revenue and profit ever. All stakeholders of the airline contributed to this success and its employees were at the frontline. Ethiopian management takes this opportunity to express its appreciation to all the stakeholders.

About Ethiopian

Ethiopian Airlines, www.ethiopianairlines.com, one of the largest and fastest growing airlines in Africa made its maiden flight to Cairo in 1946. The airline currently serves 50 destinations around the globe, 30 of which are in Africa. The addition of services to Kuwait effective June 02, 2008 will bring the total number of the Airline’s international destinations to 51.

Ethiopian will be the first carrier to operate the Dreamliner-B787 in Africa, the Middle East and Europe.

In 2006 and 2007 Ethiopian has earned three different awards respectively from the African Aviation Journal, the African Times/USA, and the Government of Ghana for its best performance in the commercial air transport industry.

PR & Publication
    May 16, 2008

Search :

ShebaMiles LOGIN
    Member Number:

Password:

* Get password [members]
    * New registration
    * Forgot password?
    * Branch office login

MORE @ ETHIOPIAN
    * Surplus Sales