sharetrader
Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

This little puppy sure has found some buyers. Looks like a stake being rapidly built. If these prices hold to the end of the month, The 1:1 non renouncable issue @ 20c sure isn't going to leave much for Credit Suisse and J P Morgan to take up as undrewriters. ( oh dear, how sad, never mind.)

Banned

70 million shares, second highest ever by my reckoning.

This had been basing for a while, I was wondering when it was going to take off. A few false starts but we could see the airline index recovering with both QAN and AIR taking off lately. With the benefit of hindisight it could be argued that all airlines are the same and that VBA was being held back by the capital raising. I believe VBA is the most leveraged off the lot.

Technically I think this is a head and shoulders reversal after a false one at 34c.

I guess I will try and apply for 10x my entitlement.
    Last edited by AMR; 13-08-2009 at 07:27 PM.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Why invest in VBA or QAN if you can invest in the world best regional airline with little or no competition on many routes. On top of that they have zero debt, a P/E of 5 and buying back shares (compared to VBA who is dilluting shares). REX is also taking over routes from other failed regional airlines.

Banned

Here's an article on VBA & QAN shares.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...27-664,00.html

As trichas oilers go in reverse.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AMR View Post
    Technically I think this is a head and shoulders reversal after a false one at 34c.
    My stock screener showed a buy signal on VBA 2 days ago based on MACD and slow stochastic.
    Have enough though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by contrarianinvestor View Post
    Why invest in VBA or QAN if you can invest in the world best regional airline with little or no competition on many routes. On top of that they have zero debt, a P/E of 5 and buying back shares (compared to VBA who is dilluting shares). REX is also taking over routes from other failed regional airlines.
    Not bad CI, REX up 14% in 2 days, the one everyone forgot about.

humm....
    im sure everyone forgot about that one for a good reason...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Not bad CI, REX up 14% in 2 days, the one everyone forgot about.
    I know it is counter-intuitive but a lower share price will be more beneficial for shareholders while REX is buying back shares. If they can buy back shares at lower prices the remaining owners end up with a bigger slice of the business.

Shrewd Crude, one reason everyone forgot about REX may be that it's a small cap operating in an industry with a low survival rate. This news article highlights the dangers of the regional airline industry.
    Last edited by contrarianinvestor; 16-08-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Banned

For those that think airline stocks are rubbish check out the charts of VBA, REX and QAN.