sharetrader
Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Airline stocks rise with some shares hitting full-year highs

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/air...1?siteid=yhoof

Dunno if they are a Great Public service. Ive had some service ( particularly from AirNZ ) that wasnt so great but they have been a bloody good investment for some
    Last edited by STRAT; 02-03-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Banned

DJIA up .68% today and XAL airline index up 2.33%.
    Who'd own 'oilers'?

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    DJIA up .68% today and XAL airline index up 2.33%.
    Who'd own 'oilers'?
    Oilers have treated me alright Skol but I will go with almost anything as long as it goes up. Im a real Tart that way. The only exception being Telecom. Could never bring myself to buy into a company I have that much disrespect for.

How about we compare my best return from an Oiler to your best return from an airline?
    any time frame but compared on a %pa basis.

You go first
    Last edited by STRAT; 02-03-2010 at 07:53 AM.

Banned

OK- VBA, for 12 months from today at .63c. You have to remember though bermuda tried this one and lost. He owes me a lunch.

You could try TOL, still looks promising. I was going to sell them yesterday but there was problem at ASB Securities so couldn't, lucky for me, went up another 25c.

OK- VBA, for 12 months from today at .63c. You have to remember though bermuda tried this one and lost. He owes me a lunch.

You could try TOL, still looks promising. I was going to sell them yesterday but there was problem at ASB Securities so couldn't, lucky for me, went up another 25c.
    Haha. Like I said to the Shrewd One on another thread. Im hopeless at stock picking and beside that Now aint the right time to be picking anything to compete with anything. I was speaking past tense.

Ive only been doing this since 2006 so I reckon you probably have an edge

Last edited by STRAT; 02-03-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Oilers have treated me alright Skol but I will go with almost anything as long as it goes up. Im a real Tart that way. The only exception being Telecom. Could never bring myself to buy into a company I have that much disrespect for.

How about we compare my best return from an Oiler to your best return from an airline?
    any time frame but compared on a %pa basis.

You go first
    OK then, me first.

Best Oiler for me was RPM 6.1c to 20c in 122 days. Thats 981%pa.

Who put me onto RPM? Bermuda, who bought his for less and the swapped em for BOW when BOW were around 30c. You can do the math on those trades.

Anyway point is. You have proved em all wrong with Airline stocks this year but when you say "who'd own Oilers ?" I would have to answer "me"
    Last edited by STRAT; 02-03-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Banned

Looks like RPM's gone bust and BOW, like heaps of other oilers is down, 36% in the last few weeks.
    Stick with VBA Strat and you'll make some dough. They're emerging from a peanuts and cola style to trying to pick up business class punters, and that's where the real money is.

Looks like RPM's gone bust and BOW, like heaps of other oilers is down, 36% in the last few weeks.
    Stick with VBA Strat and you'll make some dough. They're emerging from a peanuts and cola style to trying to pick up business class punters, and that's where the real money is.
    Thanks for the tip Skol but I will stay on the sidelines right now. By the way RPM didnt go belly up it was aquired @ 20cps.
    Last edited by STRAT; 09-03-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Banned

VBA has broken out up 3.5c today.
    33m volume so far, looking good. Tricha never listens to me, told him weeks ago VBA was a goer.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Cancel that: up 4.5c and 57m volume.

Credit Suisse have an outperform on VBA with a target of .90c.
    Last edited by Skol; 04-03-2010 at 06:24 AM.

Guru

VBA has broken out up 3.5c today.
    33m volume so far, looking good. Tricha never listens to me, told him weeks ago VBA was a goer.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Cancel that: up 4.5c and 57m volume.

Credit Suisse have an outperform on VBA with a target of .90c.
    Crash and burn, airlines will be dinosaurs, we are into a new world order.

Aer Lingus sees profits fall and fares drop in 2009

Aer Lingus profit figures grounded by cabin crew ballot

Aer Lingus, the Irish airline, has reported a loss for 2009 of 66.2m euros (£60m, $90m). It came as its fares fell by almost 17%, with long haul fares falling most sharply, although passengers numbers rose by 3.8% to 10.4 million.
    The figures were released in a short trading update one day after the company said it would delay its complete full-year results.
    That move came after its cabin crew rejected a cost-cutting proposal.
    Unions representing pilots, middle management, maintenance staff and some ground staff and cabin crew had accepted the proposals, which would mean a cut of some 20% in staff levels.
    The company will now have to make a greater provision for those blocked cost-cutting measures, which it had hoped would save it 97m in annual operating costs.
    The loss-making airline said it would release its full results "in due course".
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME