sharetrader
Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Banned

Correct, my daughter went to Singapore and back on Jetstar a few months ago and said it was one of the worst experiences of her life. Rude, ignorant staff and cabin crew, worn out aircraft, inedible food, poor on-time performance.

You always get what you pay for.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/worl...s-can-t-afford to lose

Notice the part about angry staff, they can ruin your business. Sometimes I wonder if the QF management have thought this through.
    Last edited by Skol; 31-10-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I don't agree with the Occupy Wall Street protestors but when Joyce earns $5 million and the TWU is asking for $1/hr pay increase to $21, something's wrong. It's the kind of corporate greed (along with all the other problems at QF) that could get Joyce the sack.
    WELL I would have to agree with you on this one Skol, looks like we must both be watching Max and Stacy.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Banned

A glowing review of VBA's John Borghetti in today's AFR. He missed out on the top job at QF that Joyce got, so no doubt his company's cashed in on the chaos and he's enjoying the $10m bonus VBA got out of Joyce's tantrum.

Borghetti's turning VBA from a budget carrier to a budget carrier with lounges and business class. Not bad for a guy that started in the QF mailroom 40 years ago. The article says there's no one in Australia that understands the domestic market better than him.

VBA up 67% in the last few weeks, nice one.
    Last edited by Skol; 07-11-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    A glowing review of VBA's John Borghetti in today's AFR. He missed out on the top job at QF that Joyce got, so no doubt his company's cashed in on the chaos and he's enjoying the $10m bonus VBA got out of Joyce's tantrum.

Borghetti's turning VBA from a budget carrier to a budget carrier with lounges and business class. Not bad for a guy that started in the QF mailroom 40 years ago. The article says there's no one in Australia that understands the domestic market better than him.

VBA up 67% in the last few weeks, nice one.
    Dear me Skol, u seem to have a time line of a cat, about 5 seconds.

Airlines has a close relation, dinosaurs

29 November 2011 Last updated at 12:37 GMT American Airlines file for Chapter 11 protection

American Airlines' parent company AMR Corporation has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Banned

They must be doing something wrong tricha because the airline business is going pretty well. There are other implications for bankruptcies in the USA, the Court can change employee contracts.

If you want to check on the airline industry check how many orders Boeing and Airbus have under their belts. - thousands.

Banned

Yes tricha, I thought so, I've just been reading an article on AMR, they're not actually broke, but they're losing money, going into Chapter 11 will allow them to renegotiate the labour contracts, they've got $4 billion in the bank.

The airline will keep operating quite normally.

Banned

One of the main reasons airlines don't make a lot of money is the extortionate price of oil. Once oil reaches a reasonable price then airlines will be like any other investment.

We've been ripped off for years by the Arabs, they've got it coming to them. I bristle when I see their wives and children in Harrods spending tens of thousands. They book out hotels in London for months over their summer.

Better not ever come to my place asking for donations for the starving arabs.

skol, get with this oil biz...

airplanes are toys for kids...
    grow up

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    skol, get with this oil biz...

airplanes are toys for kids...
    grow up

.^sc
    Well I like them, try doing your next overseas holiday without aircraft.

all I see is negatives,

all you see is, a toy that you like...

dont invest in something cos you like it... sounds like this is a hobby for you...

airlines,
    huge costs->oil...
    strong unions...
    fierce competition..
    airplanes are a huge depreciating asset... aging airline fleets...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though