sharetrader
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    FYI, I heard the Saudis are gong to list some of their assets.
    You would have thought they would have done this a year ago!
    Thats one big IPO ....Saudis looking to cash in on some of their assets to shore up balance sheets ?
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Oil getting smashed again. A year ago I called for $32, seems I was optimistic.
    I'm now thinking $18 - 22 as a low.
    Until we see bankruptcies in the energy sector this ain't bottoming.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Iran to bring on stream 500mbbl+ ....next week or so ....this will add to the 1mill+ excess capacity certainly mid 20's IMHO

Now How the Hell can Shale oil and tar sands (need $50-$70bbl to break even) still be operating let alone many other non M.E producers
    there is one **** storm coming that's for sure will make the GFC look like a sunday picnic
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Iran to bring on stream 500mbbl+ ....next week or so ....this will add to the 1mill+ excess capacity certainly mid 20's IMHO

Now How the Hell can Shale oil and tar sands (need $50-$70bbl to break even) still be operating let alone many other non M.E producers
    there is one **** storm coming that's for sure will make the GFC look like a sunday picnic
    Surely they are on average all operating at a cash loss. Although I saw a report yesterday suggesting that in the short-term they might be just breakeven (excluding capex).

I don't think you can exclude all capex as the nature of their business is they have to keep developing the gas field to extract it. I'm referring to GLNG.
    I think they need around USD45/bbl to break even and that's not repaying any debt.
    It maybe a bit lower than that since they reduced their debt burden, but I would suggest its close to that sort of number.
    We will know in a few weeks when they release their half year report.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    Surely they are on average all operating at a cash loss. Although I saw a report yesterday suggesting that in the short-term they might be just breakeven (excluding capex).
    Last edited by Daytr; 16-01-2016 at 11:36 PM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I don't think you can exclude all capex as the nature of their business is they have to keep developing the gas field to expect it. I'm referring to GLNG.
    I think they need around USD45/bbl to break even and that's not repaying any debt.
    It maybe a bit lower than that since they reduced their debt burden, but I would suggest its close to that sort of number.
    We will know in a few weeks when they release their half year report.
    It's a disaster in the making if oil continues to freefall.
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    It's a disaster in the making if oil continues to freefall.
    Even if oil doesn't continue to fall but stays under $40bbl USD longer term ,,,,we will see some big names fall ..and billions of investment funds wiped out ...if not trillions

STO down hard again on open $2.67!! sub $2 ?? Tax loss selling May/June could well see a bottom ..

Advanced Member

IMO

Santos in play?. Homy capital now have 80 mill shares re 3.2% of STO.half were bought for$3.98 current price. S/p lept today to $3.85 currently.