Hi guys, I am a fairly new trader with a dream to become independent and even, possibly, a little wealthy (who wouldn't?).

I was sucked into the Optionetics "scam" a few years ago and feel quite burnt by it. It was not that the system does not work, it is that the amount of money you need to spend is not made clear up front. For those who don't know, they entice you to the free 2-hour seminar, where they sell you the course for $4300 odd. Only after the "money back" period is over, do they tell you that you need to spend up to an additional $15k on tools and further education and that the $4300, without the other stuff, is a waste of money...

But, that aside, I have learned a lot. In particular, I have learnt that trading is complex and needs a lot of work and the right mental attitude. I want to continue but frankly do not want to spend the additional dosh only to still be "gambling".

I have just gotten the CMC Markets pack. It all sounds good but having read the thread on here re this, I am a little nervous.

So, to the traders out there, do you have any advice on how I can move forward? Any suggestions gladly accepted!!

Cheers, Eddie