sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do??

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie in Auckland View Post
    Hi guys, many thanks for this valuable information. Most if it is common sense but when you get overwhelmed with info and promises, it can become confusing!

I have a good start and a number of books to read, so will start with that. I am fully aware of TA and FA although by no means any good at either, but as you say, learning first before trying is a good plan!

Thanks again from a cold and rainy Auckland.

By the way, when is the siminar and how do you register?
    Eddie

Sharetrader in NZ has 3 geographical meetings, held approximately after the quarterley results come out...

Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch hold these meetings.

I've taken on the Wellington events

Very informal no sign up process, just a chat over a few drinks & getting to know the people behind the posts, for some meetings there are people (eg. Oiler) that attend from out of the region...

Keep an eye on the NZX thread for details of the next Auckland meeting.

I can't speak for the other areas, but i find the diversity of the people interesting, & with so many different investment/trading styles there is plenty to learn, for not only the newbies, but even the old salts!

The only additional piece of advice I can offer is never 'bet the house' on one stock, no matter how good it looks.

In my experience, when a stock blows up in your face, it is often for a reason you never contemplated. The danger lies in the unknown.

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showpos...&postcount=274

Hi Eddie,
    Auckland ST meeting
    See ya there