sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    How was the sausage roll.Remember that about 2011 they had had 1/5 split.
    TBH...lets be fair....There are are a huge number of us (born 1956) ...world wide that will probably end up in one of these entites.
    Perhaps it has been another case of "irrational exurberance".....as once a wise man said.
    BTW Kiwi did you ask that analyst how many shares he had.
    Yeah the free sausage roll was great. The stock brokers know how to put on a good feed. I did not ask the analyst, who looked to be still in his 20s, if he actually owned any shares in Rym. Gordon MacCleod presented for Ryman and he was an impressive speaker. The guys from Freightways and one of the power companies (cant remember which one) were pretty good as well - but not as polished as Gordy. I just had the feeling that the analyst thought I was a silly old fool for even questioning the value of the bluest of blue chips- Ryman.

Hi all. My latest column published on my Substack, Just the Business, takes a look at the NZX-listed retirement operators and how they rank, including that Summerset is likely to overtake Ryman as the largest in the sector in a few years. The headline is: Mirror, Mirror on the wall, which is the biggest retirement village operator?
    And you can find it here:
    https://substack.com/@justthebusinessjennyruth