sharetrader
Page 409 of 464 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4633

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    must say aussie CEO really did impress, geez hes onto it, i’m picking him as the up and coming star of the show.
    I agree, that Aussie CEO was across all his sites, including importantly understanding the local demographics, and very confident.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    But if I recall correctly Vaygor reckoned it would be $30 by now and no matter whether you think its at a bottom or not RYM still trades at a huge premium to NTA. Nick Mar of Macquarie's loves them but I remain extremely cautious. The RYM magic was Simon Challis and the company has never been the same since he left. https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...or+16+May+2022
    Looking at this latest result your extreme caution is unwarranted, sp will be back into double figures pretty soon and will then continue to climb from there over time.

Interesting German investment into Ryman . Pride themselves on Valued investments .
    I looked at their website, but don't understand much :-) as I don't speak German.
    Now have 6% buying up under $10 big time .

News today said due to lack of RNs that some rest-homes were in jeopardy of closing some areas. difficult to get staff when a lot got mandated out, and I know for a fact that some who were jabbed don't want boosters .
    I'm not anti jab, don't get me wrong, just saying it might get very difficult to get staff.
    villages should be fine though.
    difficult times all round.
    Hopeful the sector will see a lift, but Ryman is a bit hedged with being in Auzz too.
    Last edited by Charlie; 24-05-2022 at 09:15 PM.

With the NZ dollar down so low its the perfect time for overseas funds to load up on depressed blue chips like RYM that generate majority of their income in NZ. Ride the rebound in currency and SP for double the returns

It does seem to be turning over the last 2 weeks .
    MACD looking hopeful ,
    10day MA crossing the 60 first time in nearly 7 months

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Looking at this latest result your extreme caution is unwarranted, sp will be back into double figures pretty soon and will then continue to climb from there over time.
    Yes, his comments don't make sense to me: why a sector leader, especially the sector with huge growth potential, can't trade at premium to NTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    Yes, his comments don't make sense to me: why a sector leader, especially the sector with huge growth potential, can't trade at premium to NTA.
    Maybe do some research and compare their average eps growth rate over the last 5 years with SUM. Earnings matter, see second line of my signature. Then consider that RYM's units are the most expensive in the market by miles and that the housing market is falling really fast. All boats fall on a rapidly falling tide and the most highly geared company in a sector is usually not the safest place to be. Stocks on the highest multiples are hit the hardest with sharply rising interest rates in terms of the effect on their DCF valuation. This is definitely not a place to hide in a Bear market !

Its still a long way underneath its 200 day moving average which is the minimum scope TA indicator I'd be using in this market to determine if there's a new uptrend. No point owning a stock in a downtrend for a 2.2% unimputed dividend yield !
    Add in an unproven new CEO and time will tell.

I think there's SUM bets out there that are definitely much better, much higher proven growth rate over the last decade, well proven CEO, well disciplined cost control processes and very modest gearing but I am happy to wait for a new uptrend in that one, no point swimming against an outgoing tide !
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-05-2022 at 09:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Volume looks to have been solid in last few days - has the MSCI sell-off started??

No major SH announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Volume looks to have been solid in last few days - has the MSCI sell-off started??

No major SH announcements.
    Yes, I too was wondering about the volumes/SP impact of the MSCI - vested interest in the Funds Mgrs to maintain the higher share price for whenever they offload their volumes

Guru

removed ...