Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
I've just seen reference to "some greater fool theory" with regards to what is happening to Ryman's price.

It is hard to disagree with people who think Ryman's price is higher than intrinsic value.

I have already pointed out that if Ryman's earnings are less than superb (eg, just very good), the share price could get hammered.

My concern is therefore what I should do:

1. Sell some or all of my holding at its inflated price levels now or some point in the next few weeks, and then hope to buy in cheaper?

or

2. Hold on, knowing it is becoming overpriced and that it may just plateau for months or even a year until value catches up with the price, or that it might dip a bit or a lot on bad news, and I simply hold on knowing my holding cost me a little over $3.00 per share. Even if it drops to $4.50 (which now looks crazy cheap) I'm still winning. But if there's a big dip, I would surely regret not taking some off the top.

One of these options will make me a greater clown (eg, a richer one). The other might make me a little foolish. Trouble is, I'm not sure which one!

Much to think about over the next week. I might go riding in taxis this week to see if any of them are proffering share tips, in which case it's time to GTFO.
Sparky what did you do with SUM and what happened there?