sharetrader
Page 117 of 468 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 4673

dear moosie..I like your exuberance....but in all likelihood the SP will be 1.30...after repeated 1 for 5 share exercises....remember that RYM has only 500000 shares on issue ....a few years ago they had only 100000....cheers...you must be a young fella

the share price in my opinion is often quite irrelavent
    Last edited by troyvdh; 10-06-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Oh dear...people hate paying too much....we all do...folk will be happy..to buy something (seemingly) at a good bargain...price....yeehaa...but in my experience ....most folk (if they were to ever)...enticed to buy a share...the SP is actually quite irrelevant...most folk will see a SP of 1.30...more attractive than a share at 1300 dollars...

look I got 13 % in maths....but gee I was great at arithmetic....

DEAR MOOSIE this is Sharemarket 101...cheers mate

re the share split...it will occur when the SP goes over say $12.....

anyone wishing to bet against me ?
    Last edited by troyvdh; 10-06-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Dear Sparky...I believe that you are actually factually wrong...no intent to be negative here....I may be wrong but its my belief that any share price/company (at least in NZ)...above $10....suffers....

Please ask a few brokers....cheers troy

In fairness to you Troy, shares which are at top of the heap and attract bullish buyers, do well in the short term but longer...fall back to average. Nothing wrong with that provided you put stop-loss prices in play.

The point is, shares which are flavour of the month/year seldom produce the anticipated rewards over the long term. Buying at high PEs is a fools game.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post

If people don't want to pay more than a certain amount even if earnings and growth suggest its worth a lot more, then that's someone elses good fortune.
    Fully agree with that statement Sparky..

I personally think NZ investors have matured a wee bit,I think a few years ago now Nz Refining split their shares because of that very same feeling that they were becoming too expensive,on a dollar basis,but not on an earnings basis.
    Now with the likes of XRO the market seems to have matured,why wouldn't you pay say $12 for a share if the company had good growth and and a PE of say 16.

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    Why do you put such a BIG emphasis on director buying?

I understand that you think by this happening you see it as faith in the company, they see it good value, have skin in the game, etc.

Why why such a big emphasis as opposed to other measures?
    Ok, if the directors of a company buy shares at the market price that is an indication they believe the company is going well. In fact they may even know of a potential takeover or other reasons why the current price is a good buy.

Or...or...as with Feltex, they are buying to protect themselves from being sued because the company is in trouble. It's rare but it has happened.

Why all the talk about stock splitting?

The only people benefiting out of a stock split is share brokers.

The investor or the company have no benefit in splitting the price of the share. Bank stocks in NZ sell for much higher prices per share as do many other companies. Berkshire Hathaway trades at over $100,000 per share. I don't think the shareholders are complaining about it.
    "You’re neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You’re right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right"

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    I just think RYM is a little fully priced right now, but if the chairman is buying, it must mean he sees the company rising at a fair clip in years to come. $100k of buying is nothing to sneeze at, in my opinion.
    So your reason for buying is because someone else is buying too?

You don't make money investing in something that is popular or the flavour of the month.
    "You’re neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You’re right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right"

I am a semi-novice investor who has spent the last month or so paying some serious attention to the share market. I did start paying attention back in Dec 2006 - when I bought some Ryman shares - but then other things happened. Those Ryman shares went through a 5 for 1 share split in Jan 2007 when, at that time, they were worth around $10 each. As they are now over $6 each they have tripled in value.