sharetrader
Page 123 of 465 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4647

No doubt folk have mentioned this in the past .Rymans business model has been based upon building a bare piece of land into a money making machine.
    The state of Victoria appears to be that state in Oz most diseased by unions.
    Its my belief that RYM employ their own construction crew.

Lets hope for the best...no doubt RYM have done there homework.

If they have ..and if its successful they/we are truly in blue sky territory.....

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Sadly, in my experience, every time a NZ company attempts to cross the Tasman, its been the kiss of death. Telecom, Air New Zealand, Baycorp, I'm sure you can all think of a few more. I'd really rather they did not - perhaps I'm being overly superstitious?
    The one that I remember the most clearly is the warehouse (as I was working there at the time when I was studying). They seemed to jump straight into the deep end with it and ultimately backed out. What I like about rymans strategy is that they are taking it one village at a time. This should allow for more organic, allowing them to learn from any mistakes to develop a long term position in the market.

Me thinks ...overall (a perfect example is the post above) that folk (at least here in NZ) do not appreciate the difference in work place enviornments between NZ and Australia....This issue is crucial and should not be understated......

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    They are entering the most over valued property market in the world. The costs of purchasing land in Melbourne is ridiculous, unless you go about 60km out of town to the urban fringe, but who wants to move out there when you've spent your life in the inner suburbs? Building costs are extremely high, due to union corruption, govt taxes, infrastructure costs, etc. Add to that Melbourne property prices are falling due to recession, which is just getting worse and worse as major companies lay off staff or close down (eg. Target, Ford, Telstra).
    Do I slit my throat now ....or die by a thousand cuts

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Do I slit my throat now ....or die by a thousand cuts
    No, don't do that just yet! While it is true that there have been some spectacular failures of NZ companies expanding across the Tasman, the better ones have made a success of it and in some cases Aussie is now the biggest chunk of their business. MHI, NPX, FBU, Kathmandu are examples - Infratil says its Australian Energy business is thriving. So it depends on the individual company. Ryman are taking the cautious first step and if they run true to form will prove the viability of their business model for Victoria before they expand further.

WELL...I see late this afternoon in an announcement to the exchange the group sales manager Debbie Versey just sold $1.5m worth of stock...right at a time that I understand they're swinging into full bat-er-up mode with their sales program at Wheelers Hill. Interesting timing, coincidence or has the initial sales push met with a muted response ? Anyone's guess I suppose but the best you could say is the timing is an unfortunate coincidence. Puts Mr Kerr's recent $100K purchase into its proper perspective doesn't it !
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-07-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Who's a clever Sparky then

I had not paid attention to the address for this first Australian retirement village before but it seems that they have bought [the site of] a former hotel in what is primarily a residential area out in the South East.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Very nice website, friendly, didn’t take too long to find a Ryman site as invited.

Although ....... when I Google street viewed 242 Jells Rd, Wheelers Hill, this is what I got ????

Attachment 4626

Banned

Looks like a nice large site, good street frontage, try spinning around in Google, nice area too !

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Sleuthing away with Google

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I had not paid attention to the address for this first Australian retirement village before but it seems that they have bought [the site of] a former hotel in what is primarily a residential area out in the South East.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    I wondered about the vacant lot (218 Jells Road) adjoining 242 to the north and they have bought that and also 1 GrandView Road bordering the South East for the village.

Follow this link and you find will interesting stuff including site plans.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 01-07-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: missed a worm out
    om mani peme hum