sharetrader
Page 173 of 465 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 4648

Whether its markets as a whole or just individual stocks buying at elevated multiples invariably leads to disappointing returns. Conversely buying at low multiples invariably leads to the good returns. Sort of buy cheap (low) sell expensive (high) approach.

In simple terms - high PE leads to low future returns / low PE leads to superior future returns.

Plenty of academia to show this works in so far as markets go but it seems to work out this way for even the best companies, even ones who have demonstrated decades of continuous growth

RYM has had enough history to do a meaningful analysis

Chart shows the 3 and 5 year annual returns for RYM from different starting PEs

Based on underlying earnings. Currently a PE of over 40 on this basis

History would indicate negative returns over the next 3 and 5 year periods - even though RYM will no doubt continue to grow earnings

That's why I watch the linear regression line on the RYM chart ......the squiggly line will one day head down

Each dot represents a PE and the subsequent 3 (or 5) year annual returns. shareprice only / no dividends

Vertical axis is % return pa and horizontal axis starting PE
    Last edited by winner69; 26-04-2014 at 06:51 PM.

But then again this time it is different and RYM will be 10 bucks by Xmas

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Default Speaking on condition of anonymity

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But then again this time it is different and RYM will be 10 bucks by Xmas
    I believe that the official ShareTrader line is that it will rise on the Full Year results taking Summerset up with it.

Best Wishes
    An UnNamed Source
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Good news 440 resident Petone village gets go ahead and starts next month but then we get some inaccurate reporting from the Dom Post re incidents at Malvina Major last year where they say the assistant manager was sacked,this is false as there was no assistant manager position at the time,they should get their facts straight

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Good news 440 resident Petone village gets go ahead and starts next month but then we get some inaccurate reporting from the Dom Post re incidents at Malvina Major last year where they say the assistant manager was sacked,this is false as there was no assistant manager position at the time,they should get their facts straight
    From the article - The village manager, deputy manager and clinical manager were sacked by Ryman, King said.

King is a Ryman man the article says .... he telling porkies then couta? or maybe words put in his mouth by Andrea

That Andrea reporter is a nice person .... i'll just tell her some readers don't read that well

Whether its markets as a whole or just individual stocks buying at elevated multiples invariably leads to disappointing returns. Conversely buying at low multiples invariably leads to the good returns. Sort of buy cheap (low) sell expensive (high) approach.

In simple terms - high PE leads to low future returns / low PE leads to superior future returns.

Plenty of academia to show this works in so far as markets go but it seems to work out this way for even the best companies, even ones who have demonstrated decades of continuous growth

RYM has had enough history to do a meaningful analysis

Chart shows the 3 and 5 year annual returns for RYM from different starting PEs

Based on underlying earnings. Currently a PE of over 40 on this basis

History would indicate negative returns over the next 3 and 5 year periods - even though RYM will no doubt continue to grow earnings

That's why I watch the linear regression line on the RYM chart ......the squiggly line will one day head down

Each dot represents a PE and the subsequent 3 (or 5) year annual returns. shareprice only / no dividends

Vertical axis is % return pa and horizontal axis starting PE
    + 1 I agree with your synopsis. Fact is the SP is up circa 300% in recent years and the EPS growth has been nothing like that. PE expansion cannot go on forever, in fact I think in the medium term with interest rates rising all the risk lies with PE contraction meaning we could see years of little, no or negative SP movement. The other point to consider is its not like you're being paid to wait with a decent dividend return is it !
    A brilliant company, with fantastic management that's priced for absolute perfection.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-04-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Banned

From the article - The village manager, deputy manager and clinical manager were sacked by Ryman, King said.

King is a Ryman man the article says .... he telling porkies then couta? or maybe words put in his mouth by Andrea

That Andrea reporter is a nice person .... i'll just tell her some readers don't read that well
    Hey winner go back and read the online article again and you'll find the above has been reworded to A new management team was installed including a new village manager,deputy manager and clinical manager king said, no more mention of sackings, so king gave two different statements wonder who stuffed up here Mr King or your reporter?

Mr King is an ex journo ...and a Fairfax one as well!!!!

Maybe they check Sharetrader out ......ha ha .....or did you do your good shareholder trick and got it changed

David King
    Corporate Affairs Manager

David joined Ryman in 2013 following a 21-year career in journalism in New Zealand and the United Kingdom, which included roles as an editor and a senior manager at Fairfax Media. He holds a Bachelor of Arts with Honours and a Certificate in Journalism.
    Last edited by winner69; 28-04-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hey winner go back and read the online article again and you'll find the above has been reworded to A new management team was installed including a new village manager,deputy manager and clinical manager king said, no more mention of sackings, so king gave two different statements wonder who stuffed up here Mr King or your reporter?
    Yes it has changed

From -

The village manager, deputy manager and clinical manager were sacked by Ryman, King said.

To -

A new management team was installed, including a new village manager, deputy manager and clinical manager, King said.

Installing sounds better then being sacked eh

At least the comments under that article are realistic

Margo Southgate
    I saw the ladies out looking for her, I commented to my hubby who I was cycling with "oh, I bet they have lost someone". Pity we hadn't spotted her while we were riding. It's not easy looking after people who still have in their minds that they are perfectly capable or looking after themselves, even if they aren't.
    Reply +2