sharetrader
Page 198 of 462 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 4615
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I was at the RYM AGM today. It was a boring meeting mostly attended by I think retires. There was a gentleman challenge the board fee increases by 5% comparing an elephant's 5% to a mouse's 5% refering to the workers that employed at RYM, very entertaining. The refreshment provided was very minimal should have been a bit generous I think
    The difference being Jim is the meeting we attended last week was about selling a village while the AGM is just about presenting a whole bunch of facts and figures to converted believers

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Unable to make the AGM but everything on track but some may think they are overstretching themselves with a land bank of 13 sites lined up, sticking by my $7.90 bottom though hit $7.92 so far, no one else willing to pick a bottom price other than Rogers very hopeful $6.50 ?
    Hey, I can't let that one slide through to the keeper without a response, especially after you comment earlier in the Air thread, you keep bowling bounces eventually I have to hit one away even though we're mates and all that..its time I updated you on my SUM position, (Sold out half at $3.58 and then the other half at $3.52 some time back) Sometimes technical analysis works, sometimes it doesn't

Banned

Good going on the Sum sale Roger, are you still holding any?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hey, I can't let that one slide through to the keeper without a response, especially after you comment earlier in the Air thread, you keep bowling bounces eventually I have to hit one away even though we're mates and all that..its time I updated you on my SUM position, (Sold out half at $3.58 and then the other half at $3.52 some time back) Sometimes technical analysis works, sometimes it doesn't
    And $6.50 is a pretty fair valuation as well- esp as Things are only 'on track' for 2015 as Simon says at AGM so another 16% profit increase year still has 800 at elevated multiples whichever one you want to use.
    Last edited by winner69; 30-07-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Good going on the Sum sale Roger, are you still holding any?
    None at present mate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    None at present mate.
    Make sure you buy a few back before next year so you can attend the AGM, actually stuff the AGM better of just going cruising in the big block I reckon

Make sure you buy a few back before next year so you can attend the AGM, actually stuff the AGM better of just going cruising in the big block I reckon
    Yeah it was great catching up with you and the other blokes. Its a moving fest mate. Ryman and SUM have corrected considerably since we hooked up 3 months ago. When the price is right I'll be back.
    Yeap bring the big block next time mate

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And $6.50 is a pretty fair valuation as well- esp as Things are only 'on track' for 2015 as Simon says at AGM so another 16% profit increase year still has 800 at elevated multiples whichever one you want to use.
    It can't get to $6.50 Winner, based on the simple fact that if the SP drops to anywhere near $7.00, I will be buying every share in existence from those who want to sell.

Unable to make the AGM but everything on track but some may think they are overstretching themselves with a land bank of 13 sites lined up, sticking by my $7.90 bottom though hit $7.92 so far, no one else willing to pick a bottom price other than Rogers very hopeful $6.50 ?
    Hi Couta.

Can you clarify where you get the number 13 from? From RYM's announcement yesterday (Refer https://www.nzx.com/companies/RYM/announcements/253278 ),

New villages are being planned at:
    1 Birkenhead, Auckland
    2 Devonport, Auckland
    3 Brandon Park, Melbourne
    4 Pukekohe
    5 Newtown, Wellington
    6 Tropicana Farm, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland
    7 Greenlane, Auckland
    8 Rangiora, Canterbury

I note that they have not included the new college site at Wheeler's Hill in this list, are there any others?

On top of this, there are 3 under construction but as such I wouldn't count them as Land Bank, especially numbers 1 and 2 below which now have residents I understand.

1 Bruce McLaren Retirement Village, Howick, Auckland
    2 Weary Dunlop Retirement Village, Wheelers Hill, Melbourne
    3 Petone

I started this $6.50 thing by stating that's where I saw it at fair value to me a little while back and stand by that view.

In my opinion many people, myself included have a required rate of return in equities that fairly rewards them for the specific risk of a stock and the market risk. Lets suppose for the sake of this argument that a typical expected return on an equity investment is 15%. Lets also suppose that RYM achieve their medium term stated goal of 15% EPS growth and we know their dividend yield is 1.4%.

I'd be expecting a 13.6% improvement in the SP to compensate me for the equity risk and woefully low dividend yield. The stocks trailing PE had blown out to 35 times last years underlying EPS results when I made that comment a while ago and in my view this isn't supported by a 15% growth rate in EPS.

My contention is that a PE in the mid-late twenties is more appropriate with a 15% growth rate going forward which is supportive of a price of approx. $6.50 as at about 2 months ago.

I think its more likely that we will see a lengthy pause in the SP at around current level's while we wait for growth to catch up. If the stock price does nothing for say 18 months in effect shareholders only get a 1.4% dividend yield and in my case, this undershoots my required rate of return by 13.6%. Therefore I am indifferent to paying $6.50 now or about $8 in 18 months or so.

Look at it another way, the stock price is up 125% in the last two years and the EPS growth has been 40%. Ask yourself whether the price can keep going up unsupported by EPS growth ?
    PE expansion cannot go on forever and in my opinion is highly likely we'll get PE contraction either through continuing price correction of lengthy SP stagnation.