sharetrader
Page 224 of 465 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 4648
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Interesting developments happening accross the ditch, aveo introducing some big changes to the model

http://www.theage.com.au/business/re...08-12kf8l.html
    33% over three years. Much more expensive than Nz which is normally 25-30% over 3-5 years unless it has changed since I last looked. No wonder Ryman is making moves there.

Guru

RYM need to watch out. This is probably quite reasonable when you consider it includes all costs and no 'capital loss' on the sale of your occupancy right agreement:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/cruisi...or-seven-years

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    RYM need to watch out. This is probably quite reasonable when you consider it includes all costs and no 'capital loss' on the sale of your occupancy right agreement:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/cruisi...or-seven-years
    mmmm, so if you went on for 5 years that's a million spent , not too many Kiwis be lining up for that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    mmmm, so if you went on for 5 years that's a million spent , not too many Kiwis be lining up for that IMO.
    Now that's what I call a retirement plan !!!! Good on her !!!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Now that's what I call a retirement plan !!!! Good on her !!!!
    Roger just keep paying those insurance premiums in case the unexpected happens..... then your wife will be off !!!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    With Ryman you loss 5% a year of your $700k apartment. Plus weekly fees of a few hundred add up to say $50k per year. Add in food and any extra costs charged for activities and you are probably up to - ok. Its expensive but sounds like great fun!

With Ryman you loss 5% a year of your $700k apartment. Plus weekly fees of a few hundred add up to say $50k per year. Add in food and any extra costs charged for activities and you are probably up to - ok. Its expensive but sounds like great fun!
    How many RYM apartments are $700k? Not many if any at all I think, and how does one lose 5%/annum?
    Are you sure there are extra costs for activities? 1st I've heard, and how does a few hundred per week compare to being looked after and not starving at home?
    How do these numbers (if they are true) compare to living in SUM or MET?
    Or is your post all tongue-in-cheek?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    How many RYM apartments are $700k? Not many if any at all I think, and how does one lose 5%/annum?
    Are you sure there are extra costs for activities? 1st I've heard, and how does a few hundred per week compare to being looked after and not starving at home?
    How do these numbers (if they are true) compare to living in SUM or MET?
    Or is your post all tongue-in-cheek?
    Must be tongue in cheek as the figures are all wrong so not your normal HS post.

Guru

Was tongue in cheek as I was trying to get the cost up to $150k.

But:
    It won't be long till the top end units in Auckland top $700k (I thtink some of the 3 bed MetLife ones at takapuna were over that).

Deferred management fee is (and correct me if I am wrong as I haven't checked recently) 5% per year capped at 25% for Ryman and 10% capped at 30% for MetLife.

Not sure what weekly fees are. I expect cheaper than 200 but more than $100

Sure a weekly dance class maybe included but not the level of activities provided on a cruise liner. Remember she changed boats when they cancelled the daily dance class.

I tried my best but even exaggerating the costs, only got to a about 50% of the cruise cost so per my original conclusion - yes it is (much) more expensive. But sounds like a lot of fun (for those with the money).

Guru

Was tongue in cheek as I was trying to get the cost up to $150k.

But:
    It won't be long till the top end units in Auckland top $700k (I thtink some of the 3 bed MetLife ones at takapuna were over that).

Deferred management fee is (and correct me if I am wrong as I haven't checked recently) 5% per year capped at 25% for Ryman and 10% capped at 30% for MetLife.

Not sure what weekly fees are. I expect cheaper than 200 but more than $100

Sure a weekly dance class maybe included but not the level of activities provided on a cruise liner. Remember she changed boats when they cancelled the daily dance class.

I tried my best but even exaggerating the costs, only got to a about 50% of the cruise cost so per my original conclusion - yes it is (much) more expensive. But sounds like a lot of fun (for those with the money).
    I think the Cruising lady had been on quite a few voyages with her non-dancing husband. She presumably has a few bob (rather, a few dimes). However if her health deteriorates will she be able to keep up life on the high seas? Would the liner or her health insurer allow a sickly passenger to embark? So eventually she may still need to buy a unit at a Ryman's facility in the great cruising destination of NZ.