sharetrader
Page 229 of 465 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 4647
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    Very soon... NZ economy on borrowed time. Greece can't repay.... needs extension before defaults.
    Greece doesn't owe us any money .

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Only the NZ Super fund would be dumb enough to invest in the PIIGS!

Banned

Greece doesn't owe us any money .[/QUOTE]
    yeah right.... but that's the start of things to have an effect. As investors I don't think we are not dumb to know the effects..
    Problem is that people doesn't learn....Aussies did the same....stiff necked and now the repercussions of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    yeah right.... but that's the start of things to have an effect. As investors I don't think we are not dumb to know the effects..
    Problem is that people doesn't learn....Aussies did the same....stiff necked and now the repercussions of it.
    There's always something to worry about in the world at large mate, usually many more than one big issue. RYM came through the GFC just fine because people need to live somewhere and they're a superbly managed very slick operation.
    The GFC was arguably the biggest financial calamity ever to occur since the great depression and while its fair to say the effects of same are still playing themselves out RYM keep on going from strength to strength.

Greece's problem's, Argentina's problems, Syria's problems, the Ukraine problem with Russia, the Yemen IRAQ e.t.c. e.t.c. won't be resolved anytime soon and older folks won't be changing their desire to retire in a safe, well equipped, well managed retirement village incorporating the full continuum of care anytime soon either. The more things change the more they stay the same. "The circle of life" goes on and on with apologies to the Lion King movie and the giant sized baby boomer tsunami approaches, myself included.

great post roger...lets not forget...the more house prices go up (acknowledging of course house appreciation is only occurring in two centers).... more folk can buy something nice to live in...I heard a story last week...a retired woman (teacher)...signed up to RYM unit here in CHCH...and made a comment about to a person employed by same that some "costs" were a "bit dear"....the response she got was...along the lines of "how much have you made on your house"....says it all really.

PS What is TRULLY TRULLY amazing is how successful RYM has been in Oz....Victoria for gods sake !!!!...like how often has that (success) happened.cheers

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    great post roger...lets not forget...the more house prices go up (acknowledging of course house appreciation is only occurring in two centers).... more folk can buy something nice to live in...I heard a story last week...a retired woman (teacher)...signed up to RYM unit here in CHCH...and made a comment about to a person employed by same that some "costs" were a "bit dear"....the response she got was...along the lines of "how much have you made on your house"....says it all really.

PS What is TRULLY TRULLY amazing is how successful RYM has been in Oz....Victoria for gods sake !!!!...like how often has that (success) happened.cheers
    That is not an appropriate response from an employee or representative of that organiseation,it is irelevent what she made on her house,if she thinks the costs are a bit expensive then that is her view,because a person has made a certain amount on their property,does not justify a company to charge more for services. I'm sure that isn't the case though with this company,they are just expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    That is not an appropriate response from an employee or representative of that organiseation,it is irelevent what she made on her house,if she thinks the costs are a bit expensive then that is her view,because a person has made a certain amount on their property,does not justify a company to charge more for services. I'm sure that isn't the case though with this company,they are just expensive.
    Expensive relative to what ? Tried looking at the costs to insure a 300 sq metre property in Auckland or the annual rates bill and what about the cost we spent to repaint it a couple of years ago $15,000
    Too scared to even get a quote to re-carpet and re-do the bathrooms. People often forget that Ryman's maintenance levy includes everything, rates, insurance, maintenance, grounds maintenance, maintenance of common area's, power and utilities for common area's e.t.c. e.t.c.

Dear ..Kizame...no offense but you must be young...in commercial discussions...in fact any discussions we humans pick up que's...be it a smile/wink/smi
    rk/avoidance/grunt/ blah blah...even fart....take a deep breath....bye the way your spelling is worse than mine...go well

Guru

I have been watching and researching Ryman for a while and I like their Australian ambitions... but who on here thinks now is a good time to buy? (I thought anything under $8 would be pretty good). Although I already hold Arvida shares (brought in IPO)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I have been watching and researching Ryman for a while and I like their Australian ambitions... but who on here thinks now is a good time to buy? (I thought anything under $8 would be pretty good). Although I already hold Arvida shares (brought in IPO)
    It has essentially flat lined since the start of 2014 and the dividends are minimal. At some point, it will be a good buy but I will wait (I accept I may miss out on a bit of the rise).