sharetrader
Page 230 of 465 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 4647
    IMO

Don't think Ryman is offering this to its residents?This from AOG ;AVEO a competitor in Aus.

John Treadgold: You recently announced the new My Aveo Way contracts for residents. Can you explain that offering?

Geoff Grady: So My Aveo Way came about because of customer feedback. And this is a very important thread through our business overall, listening to what the customers have to say. So out of the survey of over 5,000 residents last year, there were a number of touch points that concerned customers in retirement villages, generally. And they related to the way they come into the villages and the way they exit.

So we set about engineering a new relationship, a new contract with our residents that solves some of those problems for
    Giving them a 21 day cooling-off period, a 90 day settling-in assurance and then on the way out, they don’t have to worry about when their property will sell. We’ll buy it back after certain periods. We don’t charge them any selling fees, or any marketing fees and they don’t have to worry about refurbishing their units. And we know already that customers will accept those, as addressing part of their concerns.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 29-05-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Guru

Guarateed buyback (after a certain period) is only relevant if you dont think there will be demand for you unit. I'm pretty sure Ryman would clear any stock they have within 6m (or whatever the certain period is). SOme of those other thinks may be beneficial but they would just be factored into the price.

percy

Ryman encourage people to become involved in the Ryman community, before they actually move into a village.

IMO

Its the exit that can be a concern.6 months and a lot longer can be alongtime to keep up payments for something your loved is no longer around to use.Have heard horror stories in the past ; maybe its different now with more demand.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 29-05-2015 at 12:07 PM.

percy

It is usual for a buy back to be written into the original contract.
    We had experience with my mother's unit taking time to sell in Australia.We advised then in that case as per my mother's contract we will sell back to you.
    That focussed their attention.It was not a Ryman village.

Despite the on going positive announcements/prospects of this company being announced... the share price flat lines...perhaps a share split...last time I believe was at about $11.50...as we know folk like "cheap" shares....could be beneficial...maybe...

can anyone comment on the percentage of shares held by instos...as opposed to "mums and dads'....cheers

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Despite the on going positive announcements/prospects of this company being announced... the share price flat lines...perhaps a share split...last time I believe was at about $11.50...as we know folk like "cheap" shares....could be beneficial...maybe...

can anyone comment on the percentage of shares held by instos...as opposed to "mums and dads'....cheers
    Nominee shareholdings dominate the register so who the beneficial owners are isn't apparent. The three declared substantial holders are interests associated with the founders - and Ngai Tahu Holdings.

Given the appalling history of Kiwi companies attempting to flourish "across the ditch"... the prospect of RYM listing in Oz is quite exciting......
    Who would have thought that a property/investment company would flourish in a state of Oz where historically "unions' rule...its not that I dislike unions...but they can hamper things...

Just a thought I want to throw out and see what others think.

We are constantly bombarded with stories about accomodation shortages in Auckland. One solution to ease this presseure would be to encourage apartment living for those who want it.

There seems to be a market failure in building new quality apartments to meet this demand. Which listed company has the chops to undertake this? Ryman.

Think about it, they have a track record in successfully building communal residential buildings, expertise in facilities management and tenant relations.

Would Ryman be interested and could they make a buck out of it?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

percy

A big part of the RYM model is based on reselling units,once the occupiers have left for the big rest home in the sky.
    Think broker churn.
    RYM would make the units too comfortable,and have residents for life.Why would they ever leave.?
    More profitable churning every 5 to 10 years than once every 60 years.