sharetrader
Page 233 of 465 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4647
    percy

Trader Jackson.
    Start from post No.1.
    You have a lot to learn about where MET, RYM,and SUM earn above average returns ,compared to ARV.
    Meanwhile take advantage of those savvy investors who have shared their knowledge with us on this thread.
    Then try to answer this:
    Would Percy invest in a retirement village operator such as Ryman, who make HUGE profits from developing retirement villages without coming back to shareholders for more capital,or would he invest in a LOW margin care operator, such as ARV who need to raise more capital from shareholders to expand.?.
    Last edited by percy; 06-07-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I paid $1.80 on 2007 and been topping up ever since
    Classic! Buy good company at good price then hold forever.

Guru

Wise words percy, I know there are a few members on here who are very knowledgeable on the retirement sector, and I appreciate that very much.

I should have mentioned that it is hard to compare ARV as I know they are 'structured' slightly differently to 'the rest', and also have only been running for less than a year!

I do know a few people that work in the retirement sector moving seniors around, mostly to these villages, and it is interesting to hear what they say about their experiences, and their customers (ie seniors) experiences regarding the various villages (moving in, staying there, how nice the staff are etc). All I will say is that I have heard ARV (mainly the villages they recently acquired) and SUM are great, not sure on MET, and RYM potentially not so 'nice' (so I have heard).

But as always, Do Your Own Research.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    First of all welcome to sharetrader...
    You can find the answer to your question right on this thread.
    Start reading from either the first post,or No.100, and come back and tell us the answer.
    Thanks Percy,
    Really enjoying this forum, ok will get onto reading this thread for that answer. Its bound to be their model of sum sort.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Thanks Percy,
    Really enjoying this forum, ok will get onto reading this thread for that answer. Its bound to be their model of sum sort.
    LAC and Trader Jackson.
    The poster who knew the most about,and who was always ahead of brokers and the market,was a poster by the name of Sauce.
    So any posts by him are worth reading..In fact I would read just his.!
    If you want to learn more about RYM's earnings there is a great thread "owner earnings vs free cash flow".
    I had trouble finding it just now,but I went to advance search and put sauce in user name and it came up.

Percy, I started reading from page 1 about 2 or 3 months ago and I've recently received my first divvy from Ryman. I intend to hold for the long term. I've since added MET to my pot as they appear to have aligned their strategy to be similar to RYM. Hope to be like many people here and look back successfully in a few years.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by limmy View Post
    Percy, I started reading from page 1 about 2 or 3 months ago and I've recently received my first divvy from Ryman. I intend to hold for the long term. I've since added MET to my pot as they appear to have aligned their strategy to be similar to RYM. Hope to be like many people here and look back successfully in a few years.
    Again welcome limmy and good for you.
    Another poster I greatly admired was Sparky The Clown,who unfortunately no longer posts.He too had a great knowledge of Ryman.
    I rececently heard from him.He is still passionate about Ryman,and had visited the Wheelers Hill Village in Melbourne, and their new site not far from Wheelers Hill.He was impressed and feels the rollout in Australia will go really well.This has been since confirmed.
    So Ryman are going "great guns" in NZ and look to repeat their success in Australia.
    The fun looks to be gaining mommentum ,therefore I think we are "well positioned,"!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    Classic! Buy good company at good price then hold forever.
    Good point although it can get a bit hairy on the market roller coaster at times. RYM price dropped to around $1.15 in 2009 during the GFC. Many RYM holders failed to keep faith! So time in the market is important as is the time of your entry.

The key to understanding Ryman is they're the only company on the NZX that has consistently show strong EPS growth over the last 15 years and given the strong demographic tailwinds in the sector its probably the only company on the NZX that will continue to show strong growth over the next 15 years. Simplest investment is often the easiest. Just extrapolate their last 15 years growth in cash flow and earnings per share over the next fifteen years. All you need to do is invest and show lots of patience. Recent SP performance is a reflection of the fact that it got a bit ahead of itself as noted by Sparky the Clown and myself at quite some length about a year and a half ago. Its fair value now in my opinion but don't expect quick gains.
    No need to over analyse it, its really a classic long term growth investment and the current underlying earnings PE of late 20's is reasonable given their unmatched earnings growth record. Get rich safely and slowly This stock should be a core part of any serious long term investors portfolio in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-07-2015 at 09:00 AM.

percy

I concur with Roger.