sharetrader
Page 296 of 465 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4648
    IMO

Def apples with apples maybe a different variety but in the same orchard(sector). Kudos to TJ (&master98)for predicting this performance and brickbats to those that work/worked in the Industry chris lee being one of them (apparently). (newguy too?). Brown fields and green fields ahead.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-12-2016 at 09:54 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Def apples with apples maybe a different variety but in the same orchard(sector). Kudos to TJ (&master98)for predicting this performance and brickbats to those that work/worked in the Industry chris lee being one of them (apparently). (newguy too?). Brown fields and green fields ahead.
    I think you may have miss read Chris Lee's articles.
    He made it very clear the difference between developers ,such as RYM and SUM, and caregivers ,such as ARV,and pointed out the profits were to be made by developers.

Good on you for giving praise mate - doesn't happen often

Merry Christmas - have a good one
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think you may have miss read Chris Lee's articles.
    He made it very clear the difference between developers ,such as RYM and SUM, and caregivers ,such as ARV,and pointed out the profits were to be made by developers.
    Its that he didn't rate it like most/many and i followed the herd unfortunately because i just don't have the deep research skills to join all the dots myself.

small extract from chris lees articles back then.re 27/11/14 thanks to w69 for posting it. Anyways sometimes good idea to sell the best performer(ARV)and buy the worst, (over 1 year) RYM.

"THE All Blacks have had yet another stellar year, and a few of them may well get a Xmas bonus when a rest home provider, Arvida, is listed at an improbable price in the days before Xmas.

Arvida did not attract a full subscription at the highest price sought but it has raised all the money it required at a price close to the full amount, despite a low level of interest from North Island retail investors.

Arvida is largely based in the South Island and has no presence in Auckland so the low levels of interest from northern investors was entirely predictable.

That geographically-based interest might also have been reflected by the decision of Arvida to use a Dunedin-based retail broker to market the company. Anointed by the wide South Island base of retail clients who have allowed Forsyth Barr to make their investment decisions, the Dunedin broker was a logical choice for an issue that was small and unlikely to attract much fund manager focus.

So the successful fund-raising will bring smiles to the handful of All Blacks who have invested in the concept believing a public float would bring them riches. If it holds its issue price till the escrow period ends I expect those rugby blokes with good advisors will then be seeking diversification, perhaps switching their gains into Ryman, Metlife or Summerset whose business models are very different and in my view much more sustainable."
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-12-2016 at 02:04 PM.

1 year return for RYM 1.23%
    SUM 13.35%
    MET 19.24%
    The Runt ARV 44.15%
    I came across my spreadsheet this morning from 31 March 2012 wherein it was noted RYM was held at market value of $2.43. Its all relative to your timeframe of reference. Suggest we compare notes in another 5 years time, my pick SUM SP will have grown the most.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Of course ; clearly,1 year is my reference. Ive multi bagged RYM longterm.Dont hold any in the sector atpit. Watching the charts.

Fair enough JT. BTW I wasn't trying to start something, I guess all I'm suggesting is long term I think development is where the money's at. Like you I multi bagged some RYM and sold about 2 1/2 years ago at around where the SP is currently at. Agree 100% the charts look most unconvincing at the moment and I'm not holding anything in the sector at present either.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

RYM's Devonport village "gets the green light."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11783814

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    RYM's Devonport village "gets the green light."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11783814
    Seems many opposed to this 'British housing estate' in posh Devonport

Certain irony in the boomers complaining about a development for the boomers.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/prop...cid=app-iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems many opposed to this 'British housing estate' in posh Devonport

Certain irony in the boomers complaining about a development for the boomers.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/prop...cid=app-iPhone
    Ryman have great foresight in building this type of housing

If only Aucklanders could see that this is the real solution to there perceived housing crisis - even if they do look like 'British housing estates'