sharetrader
Page 321 of 466 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4651

Understand your affection for best of breed...hasn't been especially rewarding in the last 3 1/2 years, ~ $8.50 to ~ $10.00 is hardly stellar but long term holders such as yourself I would imagine would care little or not at all.

Still preferring the buy one get one free equivalent SUM where else
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Understand your affection for best of breed...hasn't been especially rewarding in the last 3 1/2 years, ~ $8.50 to ~ $10.00 is hardly stellar but long term holders such as yourself I would imagine would care little or not at all.

I just checked. Initially bought for $1.35. Then had a 5:1 split.

Now I hold SUM as well - I expect similar performance!!

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I just checked. Initially bought for $1.35. Then had a 5:1 split.

Now I hold SUM as well - I expect similar performance!!
    Congrats, that's what I call a STELLAR long term return !! No wonder you think of the company as your friend
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It is not night and day between them Beagle. Sharesight tells me my RYM shares have outperformed my SUM:

RYM:
    Last 3 1/2 years: 20.47%
    Last 2 years: 15.07%
    Last year: 20.45%

By comparison my SUM shares have returned:

Last 3 1/2 years: 15.53%
    Last 2 years: 15.27%
    Last year: 3.57%

With the price up over 10, this give me my first two bagger with a current 203% rise at 10.05. Very happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    It is not night and day between them Beagle. Sharesight tells me my RYM shares have outperformed my SUM:

RYM:
    Last 3 1/2 years: 20.47%
    Last 2 years: 15.07%
    Last year: 20.45%

By comparison my SUM shares have returned:

Last 3 1/2 years: 15.53%
    Last 2 years: 15.27%
    Last year: 3.57%

It looks like night and day to me mate, see attached graph comparing SP performance over the last 3 years. chart.jpg
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-11-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Membaa

It looks like night and day to me mate, see attached graph comparing SP performance over the last 3 years. chart.jpg
    Whats it look like including dividends, that chart is SP only performance comparison?

Me thinks the 5/1 split was at about $11.30.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Whats it look like including dividends, that chart is SP only performance comparison?
    Yes that chart is capital share price only BUT from ANZ securities website their respective dividend yields are :-
    SUM 1.76%
    RYM 1.75%

Neither company attaches imputation credits to their dividends.
    Their relative earnings growth tells the story RYM averaging about 15% overt the last 5 years and SUM 48%.
    That said I think RYM is a superb company and is run like a well oiled swiss watch and the SP reflects that. You'd be a brave man to bet against RYM long term and I would expect at the very least a market performance from RYM over the next 10 years, most likely a significant outperformance from the demographic tailwinds.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-11-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Membaa

Yes that chart is capital share price only BUT from ANZ securities website their respective dividend yields are :-
    SUM 1.76%
    RYM 1.75%

Neither company attaches imputation credits to their dividends.
    The 'performance' figure given would be the SP + Dividend$ paid, which illustrated RYM outperform … whereas comparing the dividend yields or the SP by themselves is irrelevant in response to the illustration?