sharetrader
Page 357 of 465 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4648
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Hmm ok thanks guys, might go shopping tomorrow then

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Go on be bold, I bought some at $10.72 , you know you can always average down. PS-Impulsive has its place young bear.

I think impulsive is part of my DNA couta, just need to dial it back occasionally!

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    RubertBear at todays closing price of $10.71 you are not likely go wrong. David Kerr, RYM Chair topped up his RYM share portfolio 2 months ago for $11.18
    If he sees value over 11 dollars and you are not buying, I like to know why you think David Kerr made a mistake with his latest purchase?
    Thanks for that forest, I did not know David Kerr had topped up at @ $11.18. I was just concerned about buying into a Bear market, but as couta pointed out I can always average down if it keeps going lower
    Last edited by RupertBear; 03-01-2019 at 08:53 PM. Reason: got the price wrong

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    RubertBear at todays closing price of $10.71 you are not likely go wrong. David Kerr, RYM Chair topped up his RYM share portfolio 2 months ago for $11.18
    If he sees value over 11 dollars and you are not buying, I like to know why you think David Kerr made a mistake with his latest purchase?
    Agree forest that the Chairman knows the fundamentals of the business well and has given it a vote of confidence with his top up. However, I doubt he has any more understanding of where the market is heading right now than the rest of the investing community. While the market direction may not adversely affect Ryman's fundamental business to any large degree, it may affect the short term SP.
    Personally I am not buying anything right at the moment.
    Last edited by iceman; 04-01-2019 at 08:27 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Agree forest that the Chairman knows the fundamentals of the business well and has given it a vote of confidence with his top up. However, I doubt he has any more understanding of where the market is heading right now than the rest of the investing community. While the market direction may not adversely affect Ryman's fundamental business to any large degree, it may affect the short term SP.
    Wise words...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

I have reverted back to thinking the same at the moment as well. Wait and watch

Guru

And if nobody buys then the market has to go down until they all change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    And if nobody buys then the market has to go down until they all change their mind.
    If (really) nobody buys than the market stays. SP can only drop if there are buyers on the way down.

It is bascially a game of chicken. Who chickens out (buys) early gets burned. Who chickens out (buys) late makes only a small gain. Only the ones who buy at the bottom make the mega bugs.

Trick is to recognise the bottom before everybody else does.

Would be interesting to simulate this using game theory.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    [/B]
    I have reverted back to thinking the same at the moment as well. Wait and watch
    Waiting and watching is a useful stategy but can also be tedious and dead boring if carried on for too long. PS-I like to keep my snout moving around in the trough.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Waiting and watching is a useful stategy but can also be tedious and dead boring if carried on for too long. PS-I like to keep my snout moving around in the trough.
    I waited and watched for 17 minutes before I bought some