sharetrader
Page 359 of 465 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 4648
    Banned

Did you sell for a wee profit on close at $10.89 little bear? you seemed awfully unsettled about your purchase.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Did you sell for a wee profit on close at $10.89 little bear? you seemed awfully unsettled about your purchase.
    No I am much happier now Couta and plan on holding what I have long term I only got myself unsettled by changing my mind so many times Silly Bear. I will probably end up buying more if they keep going down but only if I think they are nearing the bottom and it looks like the trend is turning...well thats the plan...

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    No I am much happier now Couta and plan on holding what I have long term I only got myself unsettled by changing my mind so many times Silly Bear. I will probably end up buying more if they keep going down but only if I think they are nearing the bottom and it looks like the trend is turning...well thats the plan...
    I'll sum your plan up with this emoji (I've been reading this thread the last 2 days and can't hold it in anymore).

If you're unsure, either sell or do nothing. Never is averaging down in a bear market a "plan"!
    Last edited by McGinty; 04-01-2019 at 06:04 PM.

IMO

And never blindly follow anyone on here or anywhere else. Think about whose selling and who are you buying from, it could be a wolf zigging while you are zagging and vice versa , remember its your money they are after and retail investors are at the bottom of the heap, easy meat and most targeted. When it comes to the smell of filthy lucre any action gets justified.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    I'll sum your plan up with this emoji (I've been reading this thread the last 2 days and can't hold it in anymore).

If you're unsure, either sell or do nothing. Never is averaging down in a bear market a "plan"!
    Ok thank you McGinty, Another lesson learned for me, geepers I have been making a hash of things this year and its only 4 days old! Time for me to do nothing for a while as what I have been doing clearly isnt a good strategy in a bear market. I appreciate everyones patience and constructive comments
    Last edited by RupertBear; 04-01-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Averaging down isn't bad if you haven't got a large amount of funds

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Averaging down isn't bad if you haven't got a large amount of funds
    You lost me. Care to explain what the amount of funds have to do with the benefits (or lack thereof) of averaging down?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You lost me. Care to explain what the amount of funds have to do with the benefits (or lack thereof) of averaging down?
    Yes that confused me as well, but I confess that isnt that hard at the moment!
    Last edited by RupertBear; 07-01-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Veteran novice

It's easily explained. With a large amount of funds one can chase a down-trending stock until ………………….?

Could this sort of development be the start of a new trend ? https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...ng-crisis.html
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine