sharetrader
Page 375 of 465 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 4647

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    All these companies have stories like this(Yes SUM is very much included) most unknown to the public or shareholders. On the whole RYM is top notch but of course as you grow bigger theres more scope for things to go wrong and as you have said its predominantly about the staff and it only takes one rogue element to do damage.
    I am sure you are right - but it is the way the company deals with these unfortunate events afterwards. Sounds like the relatives of the lady who was the victím of Ryman's poor care had to go through the full complaints process to get sort of an apology from Ryman. Ryman clearly was not interested to put it right. No attempt to find somewhere else a spot - and no explanation why the need for the eviction was discovered so suddenly and unexpected the day before Christmas. I would think that an experienced operator can prepare and manage worsening conditions and talk in time with everybody involved and offer them alternative solutions. Quite poor form I would think.

And yes, everybody can make mistakes, but if they don't even bother to put it right afterwards (or only if forced by the tribunal) than I wonder what Ryman's promise is worth ....
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 18-11-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I work as a caregiver in a rest home and would say this is not common at all. Sometimes things are also not what they first seem. We had a lovely man come in for respite on Christmas Day a few years ago. We very wrongly jumped to the conclusion that his family had “sent” him. We felt really sorry for him but did our best to make his stay, and Christmas Day a really happy one. He told us some time later (before he died) that his family didn’t want him to come - he made the decision, and organised it, himself, against their wishes, because he wanted them to be able to enjoy their Christmas with their families without the worry of having to care for him. He was absolutely OK with the decision he made for himself. His family were gutted and sad.

We don’t always know the full story - I learned an important lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Do people still find somewhere to ‘put’ Gran like a hospital at Xmas so they can go on holiday?

Veteran novice

Thanks for bringing a bit of perspective to this discussion, justakiwi.

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/344626

biggest thing for me is how underlying EPS up only a third of what ARV produced...

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

biggest thing for me is how underlying EPS up only a third of what ARV produced...
    Operating Cash Flow up a staggering 18% though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Stop it t_j

Bad enough you comparing this to ARV ....it’ll just start pages of comparatives with others in the sector (note I left a word out)

Just talk about how wonderful Ryman are
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 21-11-2019 at 08:46 AM.

This is all you need to know

Even more impressive when considering the law of big numbers

Yes, Ryman is boring. Some people like super boring though and I would too if it was on an attractive PE.
    At mid point of forecast $257.5m on 500 million shares = forecast underling eps of 51.5 cps. $14.20 places them on a forward PE of 27.6.
    This compares to a forward PE of just 10.7 for MET which has been growing underlying earnings on average faster over the last 5 years and it trades on a PEG ratio of just 0.7.
    No wonder someone is trying to take over MET and leaving RYM and others in the sector alone.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-11-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes, Ryman is boring. Some people like super boring though and I would too if it was on an attractive PE.
    At mid point of forecast $257.5m on 500 million shares = forecast underling eps of 51.5 cps. $14.20 places them on a forward PE of 27.6.
    This compares to a forward PE of just 10.7 for MET which has been growing underlying earnings on average faster over the last 5 years and it trades on a PEG ratio of just 0.7.
    No wonder someone is trying to take over MET and leaving RYM and others in the sector alone.
    Did you sign up for one of those make $1,000's per month from the comfort of your own home schemes?

'Simply troll, sorry post, this text into every thread on every discussion board, news item comment and message your soon to be ex-friends.

'B, an accountant from West Auckland, eats a better brand of dog-food copy and pasting this one sentence 10,000 times per day'.
    om mani peme hum

Handsome Member

Nice reading but this giant is slowing down compared to the others. I am not totally convinced the Theory of Couta will go on much longer