sharetrader
Page 381 of 465 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4648

If you just dollar cost averaged (after a drop percent appropriate/relevant to a valuation made by you via DCF or other means)rather than worried about the share price and listen to people on this forum you would have benefitted from this gain even if it’s short term

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    If you just dollar cost averaged (after a drop percent appropriate/relevant to a valuation made by you via DCF or other means)rather than worried about the share price and listen to people on this forum you would have benefitted from this gain even if it’s short term
    Well said, as I recently sold all my ATm holding to buy in for this stock and I think it is a solid buy at the moment ,even at $11. Regarding this stock was holding above ATM for months.
    Last edited by tomm; 25-03-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Thought I might just chip in with my 2 cents worth in these very "interesting" times.
    No question RYM is the market leader in this sector or that they have their systems, procedures and capabilities well honed and practiced.
    Its currently trading at over 2x its asset backing and is ostensibly a property company.

Is this logical given:-
    1. There is vastly more competition in this sector these days both listed and unlisted
    2. Their growth rate has slowed considerably in recent years and they have been growing underlying profit over the last 5 years slower than SUM, ARV and even MET
    3. It appears the whole market is significantly oversupplied with retirement units
    4. There are many other property companies and other retirement companies trading at a discount to NTA and in some cases a deep discount.
    5. RYM recently withdrew guidance for the year.

They are good operators, no question. They are not wizards and not immune to the same factors affecting other property companies and sector participants. Sorry, that's probably 3 cents worth
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;
    Its currently trading at over 2x its asset backing and is ostensibly a property company.
    I strongly disagree.

Ryman is not summerset.

their care business is very profitable and as directors have said over and over its needs based. Take a look at the reports during the GFC or even the last few years where sydney and melbourne prices dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    I strongly disagree.

Ryman is not summerset.

their care business is very profitable and as directors have said over and over its needs based. Take a look at the reports during the GFC or even the last few years where sydney and melbourne prices dropped.
    They're also managing and expanding the business to it's great potentials, that is what I like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    I strongly disagree.

Ryman is not summerset.

I have already very carefully reviewed their 5 year summary of financial performance. SUM, in the present circumstances are probably not worth their current price either in my opinion.

Taking a medium term view how I would rank the companies as proving the best chance for outperformance against the sector based on today's share price is
    1 OCA
    2. ARV
    3. SUM
    4. RYM

MET is going to be a trainwreck if as I expect, (the takeover is withdrawn) but may be good value at about $3.50 once the dust settles.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-03-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

After the Lockdown and things are safes, this stock will fly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    They are also listed as essential business. It seems to me all the essential businesses have a lift since yesterday.
    Surely it was never a possibility it would not be an essential business. If it were not an essential business, would they need to evict all the residents?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 25-03-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Surely it was never a possibility it would not be an essential business. If it were not an essential business, would they need to evict all the residents?
    Well, I am just saying .

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I have already very carefully reviewed their 5 year summary of financial performance. SUM, in the present circumstances are probably not worth their current price either in my opinion.

Taking a medium term view how I would rank the companies as proving the best chance for outperformance against the sector based on today's share price is
    1 OCA
    2. ARV
    3. SUM
    4. RYM

MET is going to be a trainwreck if as I expect, (the takeover is withdrawn) but may be good value at about $3.50 once the dust settles.
    Can't believe i'm saying this, but actually fully agree with this post.