sharetrader
Page 383 of 465 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4647

Ryman has the biggest size land bank among the listed operators. It could well be a disadvantage to them for the years to come, both in Australia and New Zealand. If you think RYM is a bargain, then I would think A2 is a bargain too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Do you think Ryman is a bargain at these levels??? Take off the rose tinted glasses if you think Ryman is cheap. There are plenty of other stock well below their NTA.......
    Care to list a few of those stocks Ggcc? Love to know what they are. Thanks in advance.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    Care to list a few of those stocks Ggcc? Love to know what they are. Thanks in advance.
    Look it up as I am sure in lockdown you will have plenty of time. OCA is one
    Last edited by Ggcc; 13-04-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Start by looking at MET and OCA. Then look at the average underlying growth for the last five years in MET, ARV and SUM and compare them to RYM.

The facts do not support anything like the current share price of RYM relative to the rest of the sector. I care nothing for their historical reputation...I care for companies who are trading on facts and numbers that support the share price. RYM also has the highest debt in the sector....its actually their external debt that's one of their fastest growing metrics I'll let you think about whether that's a good thing in a new "normal" in which we now exist.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-04-2020 at 10:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Start by looking at MET and OCA. Then look at the average underlying growth for the last five years in MET, ARV and SUM and compare them to RYM.

The facts do not support anything like the current share price of RYM relative to the rest of the sector. I care nothing for their historical reputation...I care for companies who are trading on facts and numbers that support the share price. RYM also has the highest debt in the sector....its actually their external debt that's one of their fastest growing metrics I'll let you think about whether that's a good thing in a new "normal" in which we now exist.
    Everyone thinks as such and still have no ideas why RYM is still the best choice .
    Whatever OCA growths in a year is just the same as RYM jumps in a day.
    Last edited by tomm; 14-04-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Everyone thinks as such and still have no ideas why RYM is still the best choice .
    Whatever OCA growths in a year is just the same as RYM jumps in a day.
    At this point OCA is up 8.8% today. RYM (which is a great company) is up 0.5% up today. I’m am so happy I loaded up on OCA two weeks ago and still under NTA. Longterm RYM will always do well and I don’t want to flog a great company. My short term thoughts were great companies for their fair value. I guess others agreed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    At this point OCA is up 8.8% today. RYM (which is a great company) is up 0.5% up today. I’m am so happy I loaded up on OCA two weeks ago and still under NTA. Longterm RYM will always do well and I don’t want to flog a great company. My short term thoughts were great companies for their fair value. I guess others agreed as well.
    Due to the pandemic anything can happen at the moment, good on you for taking the advantage of it, I also loaded myself with RYM at $7.20 two week ago.
    8.8% jump of OCA is just almost equal to 1% jump of RYM.
    Last edited by tomm; 14-04-2020 at 08:49 PM.

I must admit I did not read too much into the financial stuff but I have owned OCA, Sum before, and have sold out RYM a long time ago. When I saw retirement sector has dropped so much a few weeks ago and thought if I to buy some share in this sector and in this condition... What would that be? So I went for the biggest guy. Time will tell if RYM would be a good buy but so far mine has gone up 69%. Really all of these gain is on paper anyway and for now it is just pixel on the screen really right.

I must admit I did not read too much into the financial stuff but I have owned OCA, Sum before, and have sold out RYM a long time ago. When I saw retirement sector has dropped so much a few weeks ago and thought if I to buy some share in this sector and in this condition... What would that be? So I went for the biggest guy. Time will tell if RYM would be a good buy but so far mine has gone up 69%. Really all of these gain is on paper anyway and for now it is just pixel on the screen really right.
    Great to know. As for the record RYM was even higher than A2 a month ago.

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/oi...8601--spt.html
    Oil price into negative .

The reasons for down this morning to all.
    To catch some bargains before it goes into Level 3 , stronger.
    Last edited by tomm; 22-04-2020 at 10:58 AM.