sharetrader
Page 55 of 465 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    $6 dollars a day for someone to knock on your door or phone you up? ... Hmmm ... $illy me for think such a $imple human kindness would cost $42 a week.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/5144...no-one-noticed
    I would have thought the neighbours would have been more allert.

Guru

At $6 I would doubt many would take up the offer. It's like banks wanting $15 from you when you deposit an overseas cheque. Total ripoff.

Actually maybe a an opening here for someone to offer a check up service from home. 100 people at $1 a day would give you $700 a week for about 1 to 1.5 hrs a day on the phone.

^^^ Common guys, we all know the oldies can prattle on for what can sometimes seem like forever when you're talking too them. I am sure the average phone call lasts a lot longer than many on here might imagine. If you want to call 100 retired folk a day @ $1 pop knock yourself out and good luck running a viable business on those terms. They're running a business, what part of independant living do people have trouble understanding ? Ryman have a very wide range of assisted living options available, unlike the majority of other retirement villages. Perhaps the said gentleman could have made more of an effort to get to know his neighbours ?

The only purpose of that questionable peice of journalism is to highlight the virtues of very elderly people in having some support network, paid or otherwise, that the gentleman in question chose not too is of course his perogative.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-06-2011 at 10:44 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    ^^^ Common guys, we all know the oldies can prattle on for what can sometimes seem like forever when you're talking too them. I am sure the average phone call lasts a lot longer than many on here might imagine. If you want to call 100 retired folk a day @ $1 pop knock yourself out and good luck running a viable business on those terms. They're running a business, what part of independant living do people have trouble understanding ? Ryman have a very wide range of assisted living options available, unlike the majority of other retirement villages. Perhaps the said gentleman could have made more of an effort to get to know his neighbours ?

The only purpose of that questionable peice of journalism is to highlight the virtues of very elderly people in having some support network, paid or otherwise, that the gentleman in question chose not too is of course his perogative.
    Exactly. Thanks for putting into words what I think.

You're welcome Percy. I'm sure there's something of more business interest that's worth discussing, for instance will the latest earthquakes have a material effect on Ryman's Christchurch operations ?

Crikey, it just goes on and on doesn't it... I am sure we are all feeling really sorry for you folk down there. It must be just awful.

percy

You're welcome Percy. I'm sure there's something of more business interest that's worth discussing, for instance will the latest earthquakes have a material effect on Ryman's Christchurch operations ?

Crikey, it just goes on and on doesn't it... I am sure we are all feeling really sorry for you folk down there. It must be just awful.
    Yes it will Roger.
    Drive up further demand.Like you people want somewhere safe for their parents.
    With the quakes,you just try and get on with life.For the people in eastern suburbs it is awful/terrible.

You from down there Percy? Hope all is well.

Does Ryman have buildings in the effected areas?
    Last edited by buns; 15-06-2011 at 03:43 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by buns View Post
    You from down there Percy? Hope all is well.

Does Ryman have buildings in the effected areas?
    All well ? think so,thanks for asking.
    I have just rung Gordon CFO at RYM. "All residents and staff safe.All villages undamaged.Work at new village in Shirley progressing."
    Last edited by percy; 15-06-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    All well ? think so,thanks for asking.
    I have just rung Gordon CFO at RYM. "All residents and staff safe.All villages undamaged.Work at new village in Shirley progressing."
    Good work Percy. Thanks for taking the time to do that although it hasn't helped the share price much today. Might have been more helpful for the company to issue a news item to that effect to the market don't you think ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2011 at 10:34 AM.

percy

Good work Percy. Thanks for takking the time to do that although it hasn't helped the share price much today. Might have been more helpful for the company to issue a news item to that effect to the market don't you think ?
    Yes I think RYM should have updated the market.I was going to reply to buns that I thought things would be Ok.They I thought only take a minute to ring and post an informative post.What is interesting is that RYM said 1st, residents safe.I suppose that sums it up.
    SP. Maybe people thought there was damage? Must admit I thought it was because you had finished filling up the truck. !!!! lol.