sharetrader
Page 59 of 468 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    and the other tribe didn't buy either
    Owning rest homes isn't in the best interests of their constituents since most don't live long enough to enjoy such facilities. Obviously much better better to invest in a shopping centre

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Owning rest homes isn't in the best interests of their constituents since most don't live long enough to enjoy such facilities. Obviously much better better to invest in a shopping centre
    I'd make a comment about investing in RBD, but I think I will leave it at that.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty020 View Post
    think its due to Tainui selling their 4.5% stake:
    I thought is was Sauce, selling his massive holding to the Turks so he could join Phaedrus cruising the rivers of Europe!

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Question is, who bought that stake ? Was it a single new major investor or placed at a discount through one of the large brokerages to selected clients who are now abritraging their opportunity. The market is telling us its the latter.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-07-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I thought is was Sauce, selling his massive holding to the Turks so he could join Phaedrus cruising the rivers of Europe!

SNOOPY
    Unfortunately the Turks didn't like the terms of my RYM proposal. Looks like I might have just missed Big P in France anyway as we just left there. What a wonderful place, its just a bit of a shame about the french.

They say Paris is the best place in the world for people watching (hence all the outside chairs at their Cafe's face the footpath like its a theater). Personally I am not convinced. Watching Parisians made me feel poor and poorly dressed.

Regards,

Sauce

percy

They say Paris is the best place in the world for people watching (hence all the outside chairs at their Cafe's face the footpath like its a theater).

A very true statement.The young ladies are delightful.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Question is, who bought that stake ? Was it a single new major investor or placed at a discount through one of the large brokerages to selected clients who are now abritraging their opportunity. The market is telling us its the latter.
    Craigs hit the phones after the market closed yesterday - took the opportunity to top up my holding.

Some happy Craig's clients then. Maybe its time for me to switch brokers ? Forsyth Barr are .... I'd better not say it.
    The rest of us who want to top up have to pay more :-(
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-07-2011 at 11:34 AM.

IMO

$2.58 was the price. Institutions got the bulk and us lucky Craigs clients the rest.

$2.58 was the price. Institutions got the bulk and us lucky Craigs clients the rest.

Question for Joshuatree, If you get the opportunity to participate in those placement, what sort of brokerage would you expext to pay and are there any other cost.
    I only have used internet brokers and therefore get left out of placements.

Thanks, Forest