sharetrader
Page 9 of 465 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Share Collector

Thanks PT.

I thought I had seen this info somewhere though. Journalists and analysts often seem to have access to it...as does the ASX for stocks that are dual listed (and often don't post the equivalent info to the NZX).

BTW, that always seems slightly unfair - I can't see announcements to the NZX until a 20 min delay has passed, but if the share is ASX listed, I can look it up straight away....

And again, some presentations have to be requested from LCR@nzx, yet you can download the whole deal from the ASX...

Share Collector

Paper Tiger, I just downloaded the sample weekly report from that NZX link. In all cases, where it reports a result, there is a statement of shareholders equity. Unfortunately, the example is from June 2003 - so either they used to always provide that data in general announcements (and now don't) or they used to provide it in the NZX weekly report (and now don't) or thirdly, you can get it if you pay $500 pa+ to the NZX...

Personally, I think the level of info general investors are provided on the NZX announcements is inferior...but maybe wrong.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

You will find that in the dim and distant past (June 2003) announcements contained hard figures and commentary instead of, as is permitted now, a profit number and plenty of fertilizer about how well the company is doing.

Go trawl through http://stocknessmonster.com who have 5 years of announcements archived and you wil be able to match up your weekly diary download with the actual announcements.

I totally agree with on the level of info provided. Announcements come out as badly formatted text and presentations you have to ask for individually. [I am sure they must spend more than $500+GST on staff costs just answering my requests for presentations].

The IT department at NZX sucks big time.
    om mani peme hum

Share Collector

Last presentation I asked for just bounced off the mailbox, as it was too big. Helpful-not! But yes, I suspect I get my $500 worth too...

Anyway, thanks PT - best I let this thread get back to discussing Ryman! (Great company - I just don't happen to own any).

NZ stocks: Fletcher Building drags NZ market down

22.11.05 5.30pm
    By Simon Louisson

The sharemarket softened slightly today with No 3 stock Fletcher Building dragging the market down.

The benchmark NZSX-50 index closed down 6.63 points to 3327.35, and the NZSX-All capital index fell 1.33 points to 1018.79.

Brokers said trading was dull with turnover worth around $120m, according to early estimates.

Fletcher Building dropped 14c to 741 on news that chief executive Ralph Waters had sold a quarter of his shares. The stock had also run up on rugby World Cup euphoria on the basis it would win infrastrucuture contracts but that dissipated today.

Hamilton Hindin Greene broker Grant Williamson said it should not be a major negative as the sale was due to a prior commitment and Mr Waters had committed not to sell more shares while he remained chief executive.

Market leader Telecom rose to 613 but couldn't sustain the rise, closing down 1c on 605. It announced an on-market share buyback of 5m shares to counteract the effects of the dividend reinvestment scheme.

Mainfreight was one of the session's stars, rising 9c to 349 on its result. Mr Williamson said the company seemed to have put problems with Owens and its Australian operations behind it.

"It continues to improve quarter after quarter. It's now firing on all cylinders."

Ryman Healthcare, which also had a good result last week, rose 16c to a record 548. It was boosted by news AMP Capital intended to take over the country's largest unlisted retirement village operator, Summerset Holdings. That would leave Ryman as the only listed player in the field and virtually the only major New Zealand-owned operator.
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

01:03PM - Ryman announces new village site acquistion in Palmerston Nth
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

....well, time to climb aboard this train!
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

23 Nov 2005 01:03
    ASSET: RYM: Ryman announces new village site acquistion in Palmerston Nth

Listed retirement village operator Ryman Healthcare today announced they had
    bought land in Palmerston North for their 15th retirement village.

Ryman have bought a 3.2 hectare block of land next to the prestigious
    Clearview Park subdivision and reserve by the Milson shopping centre on
    Milson Line.

The site is flat, north facing, with views across to the airport runway.
    It is close to the central city and public hospital facilities.

Ryman plan to develop a comprehensive retirement village, including 80
    independent villas, 50 serviced apartments, with a village centre, indoor
    swimming pool, all weather outdoor bowling green and numerous other
    facilities.

Development manager Ray Versey said the site was an ideal location for a
    village.

``We are thrilled to be able to secure it for the elderly people of
    Palmerston North,'''' he said today.

``We also plan to build a 40 bed care centre. Ryman will apply to the
    Palmerston North City Council for resource consent early next year.

Ryman, one of New Zealand''s most experienced retirement village
    providers, recently reported a half yearly $17.1 million net surplus, up 54
    percent on the same period last year.

Ryman is currently building in Auckland, Hamilton, Napier, Wanganui, Lower
    Hutt and Invercargill. Resource consent applications are being processed for
    the new Halswell retirement village in Christchurch and for a new apartment
    block at the Malvina Major retirement village in Wellington.
    The company provides homes and care services to more than 2600 New
    Zealanders, employing more than 1400 staff.
    Ends

Media advisory: For further information, photos, interviews or comment
    please contact Ray Versey on 03 3664069 or Kip Brook at Word of Mouth Media
    NZ on 0275 033855
    End CA:00124161 For:RYM Type:ASSET Time:2005-11-23:13:03:04

I've started accumulating RYM shares for long-term. Given their increasing market share, number of units to be built in the next 5 years (around 900), existing land bank, pent-up demand, asset turn-over, my valuation of this firm is $9, with an investment horizon of 5 years. Even assuming zero growth after 2020, the share price is still worth $8.75.

Their RNOA is 26% and set to increase to 32%. Residual operating income of $36million to reach $55 million or so. At a share price of $5.50 last week, the market was assuming NO growth in residual earnings!! The current SP is $5.10. If you buy at these levels and put them away, you could almost double your money. I also expect the firm to buyback shares at some stage. Consider the directors' confidence in announcing 54% operating profit and increasing the dividend payout ratio.

Happy to discuss numbers if anyone is interested.

I'm intersested - Ryman has been a great share.

Give us all the numbers you've got!