sharetrader
Page 330 of 464 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 4633

Excellent result and 8th site in Melbourne purchased and another new site in NZ in Havelock North. How can you not love this company for boring me into my bali villa to miss those cold Auckland winters

I'm picking a share split this year. Any thoughts?

Interesting to note Kevin Hickman's trust trimmed their stake very slightly and banked a cool ~ $9m in the process.
    Still has $35m shares worth a cool $402.5m...not too shabby for the $10,000 capital share that he originally invested eh !
    Anyway...back to the real world for the rest of us. I might be reading too much into this but quite obviously he's a very astute guy so I think the timing of the sale is interesting coming just a week before the MSCI index rebalancing. With ATM going in with what one would assume would be a very high weighting one could safely make the assumption that the existing incumbent NZX stocks that are presently included within that index would have their weightings materially reduced and of course one of the bigger present allocations is RYM.
    Good time to buy some on potential weakness with the pending MSCI rebalance ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Next Thursday afternoon is going to be massive on NZX .....zillions of ATM being bought and zillions of RYM, SPK, FPH etc being sold

How much ‘cooperation’ is their amongst funds?
    Last edited by winner69; 25-05-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Next Thursday afternoon is going to be massive on NZX .....zillions of ATM being bought and zillions of RYM, SPK, FPH etc being sold

How much ‘cooperation’ is their amongst funds?

I would speculate a fair bit of cooperation goes on from what I have observed in the past. Its almost like some major funds agree a price and that's where the really big volume is done.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ..... Looking forward to reading Vaygor1's take on the result and outlook.
    I look forward to posting about the result and the outlook too Beagle

Just so short on time for the last few weeks (and the next couple).... will post my take soon mate.

Only managed couple of quick posts on the ALF thread this morning.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 27-05-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Guru

Boring old RYM now at a new high.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Boring old RYM now at a new high.
    Yep, but couta's formula broken. One SUM are now already 62.5% of RYM. Equality in a couple of years?;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Yep, but couta's formula broken. One SUM are now already 62.5% of RYM. Equality in a couple of years?;
    I gave it two to three years, but Couta said not going to happen. So I give it 5 and the sp will surpass it easily

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    It's far too early to say the formula is broken, remember the Couta theorum has stood for many years to date whereas SUM has only recently moved outside the 50-60% reversion channel. Balance will return to the force in due course. PS-I reckon SUM companies are only going to have an average result over the next year or so.