sharetrader
Page 347 of 464 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 4633

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    SUM down slightly less in percentage terms. No, the new kid in town is already trading very close to NTA and people are paying "Jack" for their IP whereas with RYM people are paying close to three times NTA so megabucks for their IP. The market is giving the value of RYM and SUM's IP a haircut because their business model's are arguably inferior to OCA's from a shareholders perspective.
    I expect the relative SP of OCA to continue to materially outperform other sector participants.

Yep if the others take a haircut and OCA stays around 120 they will materially outperform the other sector participants ...except maybe MET who is way below NTA
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Geepers I am almost tempted to buy some....could be a bargin but could go even lower....patience young Bear

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Geepers I am almost tempted to buy some....could be a bargin but could go even lower....patience young Bear
    If you bring up RYM price chart with the 200MA, which it has only just dipped beneath, you will see that RYM has little respect for that MA but it is useful that it illustrates that RYM SP can travel an equal distance down through it as it has risen above it, and stay beneath the 200MA for quite a long time.

Just saw its down to 11.60 time to start loading up the account.11.50 is when to hit the buy button.

Advanced Member

I would wait as it might go even lower like all the others. I am thinking if this continues for a while we could see Ryman well under $11 at some stage

I think the vast majority of high PE stocks regardless of their credentials are vulnerable, even after recent declines.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Patient Panda View Post
    Just saw its down to 11.60 time to start loading up the account.11.50 is when to hit the buy button.
    Current price is great news for those of us buying... and it may get better.... or not.... but I am relieved to have just secured my position of buying more... Happy to top-up further if the SP drops to $11. Those buying in the next 6 weeks will also pick up the H1 approx 11c/share gross dividend on the early December record date.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Current price is great news for those of us buying... and it may get better.... or not.... but I am relieved to have just secured my position of buying more... Happy to top-up further if the SP drops to $11. Those buying in the next 6 weeks will also pick up the H1 approx 11c/share gross dividend on the early December record date.
    TA looks horrible, real estate looks vulnerable, markets look problematic...good luck mate.

For me fundamentally. Traditionally in years gone by in a steadily rising real estate environment a good time to buy RYM has been when the forward underlying PE is under 23.5. I think we're looking at around 48 cps underlying for FY19 which suggests given normal market functionality $11.28 would be a good entry point for those looking to add or come back on board.

Unfortunately bear markets are no respecter or normal valuation metrics. I think risk averse people will wait for the share price to go back up through the 100 day MA line, whenever that might be. A reminder that RYM got smashed during the GFC like almost every other stock so those thinking this is a defensive place to hide in a bear market might like to reconsider.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    TA looks horrible, real estate looks vulnerable, markets look problematic...good luck mate.

For me fundamentally. Traditionally in years gone by in a steadily rising real estate environment a good time to buy RYM has been when the forward underlying PE is under 23.5. I think we're looking at around 48 cps underlying for FY19 which suggests given normal market functionality $11.28 would be a good entry point for those looking to add or come back on board.

Unfortunately bear markets are no respecter or normal valuation metrics. I think risk averse people will wait for the share price to go back up through the 100 day MA line, whenever that might be. A reminder that RYM got smashed during the GFC like almost every other stock so those thinking this is a defensive place to hide in a bear market might like to reconsider.

RYM share price got as low as 12 times underlying earnings at GFC time ....even though earnings continued to grow

jeez eps 48 cents times 12 is less than 6 bucks .....hope things dont get that bad ...but you never know where we might be late next year
    Last edited by winner69; 27-10-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    RYM share price got as low as12 times underlying earnings at GFC time

Jeex eps 48 cents times 12 is less than 6 bucks .....hope things dont get that bad ...but you never know where we might be late next year
    RYM grew underlying earnings throughout the GFC, (due to the embedded value in existing units getting realised over the 7 year average occupancy cycle) so that's a comforting thing but as you say the PE got smacked really hard. This looks vulnerable to me but I know Vaygor1 has plenty so won't be concerned but there's plenty of others out there that could see their retirement savings / lifestyle seriously affected by a savage rout so take care out there folks and don't forget to watch the charts.