sharetrader
Page 334 of 462 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 4618

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    Beagle who is TNR
    Opps sorry that's TRA, its obviously the weekend
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Stupid government doesn’t know when they are on to a good thing with these horrible foreigners build villages for mostly New Zealanders to retire took

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/c...-buyer-banhtml
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Like all legislation it actually gives the advantage to the big boys as the small players don't have the resources to comply/fight it.

Ryman Healthcare's chief executive Gordon MacLeod said it was disappointing to miss a chance to streamline the approval process, though "the reality is the position is no different to what it was previously. None of this stops us from buying land through the OIO process in the future.’"

I've been invited to attend a shareholder update at the Bruce McLaren Retirement village in Howick on the 4th of July.
    Anyone here going ? I rang the RSVP and was told that their phone line was running hot.

Blah blah blah yawn. Up to page 60 and no financial s yet in the Annual Report.

88 pages later I get
    • Underlying profit up 14.2 percent to $203.5 million
    • Reported (IFRS) profit up 8.8 percent to $388.2 million
    • Full-year dividend up 14.6 percent to 20.4 cents per share
    • Site for eighth village in Victoria secured; target remains to open five villages by 2020
    • New villages in Karori and Havelock North planned
    • 16 new villages in the pipeline
    • Residents and staff happier than ever

Edit - that will teach me to scan too quick. on page 11
    "The board is pleased to report another solid year for Ryman, with underlying profit up 14.2 percent to $203.5 million and our reported profit, including unrealised gains, up 8.8 percent to $388.2 million. We’ve matched the growth in underlying profit with a similar increase in dividend to shareholders. The dividend has been increased by 14.6 percent, with a total annual dividend to shareholders of 20.4 cents per share."
    Last edited by minimoke; 22-06-2018 at 09:05 AM.

C’mon mini ...they told you all that stuff weeks ago
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

A lot of the blah, blah blah was good info on Ryman's early years but beagle's are also notorious for their short attention span's so I only made it to page 40 and then very nearly fell asleep lol

Very good company that's trading right at the top of where I see fair value. When it gets back to a forward PE of 23.5 I'm planning on buying back in.
    $11 is where I see it...the rest at this point is just the market being too expensive.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-06-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

a longtime underperformer according to this 5 year comparison of RYM with NZX50

Attachment 9768
    Ryman is blue
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    a longtime underperformer according to this 5 year comparison of RYM with NZX50

Attachment 9768
    Ryman is blue
    Depends on your comparison timeframe. Couple of people on here about 4 years ago went out on a limb and called that there was going to be a number of years of underperformance, because of a significant period of outperformance before that. They were right but I no longer hold that view. They listed in 1999 at $1.35 and have had a 5:1 share split, so adjusted IPO price is 27 cents. 19 years later they are >$12. This is more than 44 times your money so over the lifetime of the company they have dramatically outperformed.

If one looks out a decade I think on the balance of probabilities they will beat the market. Currently they're about $1 north of where I see good value, so are simply fair value in my view.

Fair value with a fantastic brand, great business model, excellent management and very strong demographic tailwinds = substantial wealth creation in the years ahead provided the politicians don't sabotage this sector.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-06-2018 at 10:04 AM.