sharetrader
Page 152 of 462 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 4618

today was the MSCI semi annual index reviews last day before implementation tomorroow, Ryman went into the MSCI World Index and Sky TV came out... should explain those two at least.

There most likely wont be an SSH, as it will be hundreds of different buyers...

Oooops Sky City!

Wow 9% of shares traded today with a 10c gain. Do you guys see this as a positive?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
    Wow 9% of shares traded today with a 10c gain. Do you guys see this as a positive?
    Funds buying because they need to as RYM now in an international index ....not because they want too.

If you ask Hoop nicely he will do one of his OBV charts .... On Balance Volume .... Will look after today and the interpretation of the chart will be positive.

RYM is bouncing off a recently established downward trendline (812 - 799 - 775). It would need to break thru this to re-establish its upward price trend enjoyed by many these past few years.

If it doesn't, the bears are in control.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Just a wee observation...am I correct in stating that RYM ...on most days ...ends the day on greater volume and higher price ????

cheers

I follow RYM closely and I think you are right, it seems to tank through the day and finish on a high.

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Just a wee observation...am I correct in stating that RYM ...on most days ...ends the day on greater volume and higher price ????

cheers
    I agree too and independently had the same observation some time back... 4 weeks or so. Came to the conclusion that some overseas entity in a different time zone is probably buying up large.

born2invest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    RYM is bouncing off a recently established downward trendline (812 - 799 - 775). It would need to break thru this to re-establish its upward price trend enjoyed by many these past few years.

If it doesn't, the bears are in control.

BC
    I'm sorry but what on Earth are you talking about?

Are you saying you would rather buy it at a price above $8 rather that $7.75 because it has broken through?

That would be like not buying tomatoes in summer at $2/kg because you want to wait for the price to break through the $3/kg barrier in Autumn because in Winter the price will be $4/kg!

Not $8, B2I, but through the downward trendline which has now been tested again at 775/780. Anything above that could be positive but if today it falls away and doesn't breach that line, I for one will not be buying.

Buying at a higher price than yesterday is often a good thing since it means that you are buying on the way up. What's more common and more natural psychologically (which is why it's too easy to lose money on trades) is to buy on the way down (i.e. at a cheaper price than yesterday). Supermarket shopping tactics don't work with Equities.

BTW, its pre-market cross is currently set for an open around 768c.

BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 04-12-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.