sharetrader
Page 354 of 464 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4633

I don’t recall anyone on here calling it a strong buy at $14. Fair distance between strong buy and happy to hold

Banned

RYM down 3.9% A2 down 3.1% who would have thought RYM would outdo A2 for volatility.Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ...I have held RYM at times and done quite well out of it and left it alone at other times and done better SUM where else....
    I hold SUM too (bought and never sold any), and they have not performed as all well for me compared to RYM... nowhere near it. But as you state, it all depends on when you bought.

In the OCA thread on 17-Nov-2018 you state "I also only own OCA in this sector..." This implies you have sold all your SUM. Is this the case?

…In recent years however as I have correctly called it for several years now it has underperformed as its relative value to the sector…
    You have called it incorrectly more times than correctly I believe. We have had 4 friendly wagers involving RYM to-date. I recall I am up 4-0 no?

…. Your $30 in five years look like a very fanciful price target to me, have you considered a career writing fantasy novels
    I stated 5.5 years Beagle. That means June 2024, when RYM’s annual underlying profit will exceed $0.90/share. Using 16 years of historical data, a fair share price for RYM with this underlying profit is $32 … but I’ll stick with my $30.

... As Maverick has commented, there is nothing stopping him, I or any other shareholder reinvesting those dividends if we choose to so your dividend argument doesn't hold water.
    I applaud Maverick's comment. It is well considered and likely suits his style of investing than would my method. For me though, I get a greater amount of dividends to reinvest over the long term than the alternatives out there to-date, and my example to which you refer has me spending all mine on wine, women, and song.
    ... I just have to wait longer for the rewards.

My updated fair value is $9.91. DYOR...that's where I'm calling it and wouldn't pay a cent more.

RYM's share price closed the other day at $11.03 This represents the best RYM buying opportunity in 9 years, and the 2nd best opportunity this century (refer graph below). If they drop further to $9.91 (which remains a possibility), I trust you will buy up large, because I will be.

When was the last time you held RYM Beagle.... 2010? I agree with Winner, and doubt you will ever hold them again.

Attachment 10183

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    I hold SUM too (bought and never sold any), and they have not performed as all well for me compared to RYM... nowhere near it. But as you state, it all depends on when you bought.

In the OCA thread on 17-Nov-2018 you state "I also only own OCA in this sector..." This implies you have sold all your SUM. Is this the case?

You have called it incorrectly more times than correctly I believe. We have had 4 friendly wagers involving RYM to-date. I recall I am up 4-0 no?

I stated 5.5 years Beagle. That means June 2024, when RYM’s annual underlying profit will exceed $0.90/share. Using 16 years of historical data, a fair share price for RYM with this underlying profit is $32 … but I’ll stick with my $30.

I applaud Maverick's comment. It is well considered and likely suits his style of investing than would my method. For me though, I get a greater amount of dividends to reinvest over the long term than the alternatives out there to-date, and my example to which you refer has me spending all mine on wine, women, and song. ... I just have to wait longer for the rewards.

RYM's share price closed the other day at $11.03 This represents the best RYM buying opportunity in 9 years, and the 2nd best opportunity this century (refer graph below). If they drop further to $9.91 (which remains a possibility), I trust you will buy up large, because I will be.

When was the last time you held RYM Beagle.... 2010? I agree with Winner, and doubt you will ever hold them again.

Attachment 10183
    Not much time today mate but in brief

Sold all my SUM recently at just under $8.

Wagers...the past is exactly that.

5.5 years to $30, time will tell. PM I sent you explains my position in regard to market conditions.

I think you and Mav like your wine women and song

Sold out of RYM at just over $8 about 4 years or so ago. I don't feel like I've missed much since then, its underperformed the NZX50 since then, an inconvenient truth for you mate

Might own it again on my terms at my price. Always enjoy a good debate with you
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Nice chart Vaygor.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

"Wagers...the past is exactly that." this one will keep me in mirth for a while.

Advanced Member

Hi Team , would like to call upon the collective wisdom here .
    I have 2 friends that are wanting to do the best by their mother .
    Situation is she owns a unit currently but for various reasons this will be sold early next year . Likely to realise $ 300,000.
    She feels she is not ready for a "retirement home independent unit " they feel she could be 5- 10 years away from that ( you never can tell )
    Options she rents ?
    They purchase an investment prop fit for purpose prob $ 500 K ish ?
    This is where they need to know where to send her to get the right independent advice around this .They want to help but don't want her to feel she was pushed in any particular direction/ structure.
    Lots of scenarios , she gifts them 250 K they cover the mortgage .
    She keeps the money and she has 50 % equity in the house and the 2 have 25 % each .
    Going to be lots of ways to do this ,so anyone who has done the same thing with any ideas I'd love to hear what worked .

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    "Wagers...the past is exactly that." this one will keep me in mirth for a while.
    Whatever floats your boat lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Yeah like when one makes a wager its based on a future event .
    Kudos to you Vaygor.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Hi Team , would like to call upon the collective wisdom here .
    I have 2 friends that are wanting to do the best by their mother .
    Situation is she owns a unit currently but for various reasons this will be sold early next year . Likely to realise $ 300,000.
    She feels she is not ready for a "retirement home independent unit " they feel she could be 5- 10 years away from that ( you never can tell )
    Options she rents ?
    They purchase an investment prop fit for purpose prob $ 500 K ish ?
    This is where they need to know where to send her to get the right independent advice around this .They want to help but don't want her to feel she was pushed in any particular direction/ structure.
    Lots of scenarios , she gifts them 250 K they cover the mortgage .
    She keeps the money and she has 50 % equity in the house and the 2 have 25 % each .
    Going to be lots of ways to do this ,so anyone who has done the same thing with any ideas I'd love to hear what worked .
    Without knowing all the facts, a lot can happen in relationships in a period of 5-10 years. Best way of avoiding complications is for mum to buy another suitable unit (no stairs etc) for herself, & if she's on her own get her a St John's Life link alarm. i.e. an intermediate step.
    It's her money, sounds like she is going to need it all, & getting her finances tangled up with children & their partners could leave her vulnerable at the most vulnerable time of her life.
    Elderly people need to keep all their options open as things/health can change quickly & dramatically & therefore their needs.
    Just mho.