sharetrader
Page 355 of 464 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4633

I strongly agree

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Hi Team , would like to call upon the collective wisdom here .
    I have 2 friends that are wanting to do the best by their mother .
    Situation is she owns a unit currently but for various reasons this will be sold early next year . Likely to realise $ 300,000.
    She feels she is not ready for a "retirement home independent unit " they feel she could be 5- 10 years away from that ( you never can tell )
    Options she rents ?
    They purchase an investment prop fit for purpose prob $ 500 K ish ?
    This is where they need to know where to send her to get the right independent advice around this .They want to help but don't want her to feel she was pushed in any particular direction/ structure.
    Lots of scenarios , she gifts them 250 K they cover the mortgage .
    She keeps the money and she has 50 % equity in the house and the 2 have 25 % ieach .
    Going to be lots of ways to do this ,so anyone who has done the same thing with any ideas I'd love to hear what worked .
    While it may get through the banks more easily, consider carefully other risks before going down the route of the kids buying a unit with a big deposit/mother loan. Its going to tie up part of their borrowing capacity in bank lending calculations and may be the difference between them being approved / rejected in other bank borrowing transactions they want to do in the future. A lot will however depend on their unstated financial situation.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

nice to see most analysts have similar thinking to me in that retirement village operators are over valued

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/2...erty-play.html
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nice to see most analysts have similar thinking to me in that retirement village operators are over valued

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/2...erty-play.html
    I have never known Craigs to be right on Ryman,ever.!'FNZC and Craig's preferred stock is MET,as it was 2 years ago..
    .......................two years ago..........Yesterday..............Increase
    MET .....................$5.25....................$5.3 3..................1.5%
    RYM......................$8.30.................... ..$11.15...............34.33%
    SUM.......................$4.60................... ..$6.18.................34.34%
    OCA........................75cents................ .$1,12.................49.33%

IMO

Craigs are underweight MET now ,RYM and OCA its picks. MET had been favoured on valuation appeal but hasn't performed for some time(think s/p did rise higher than the others in 2017 though) .Value trap it seems.

Ryman just passed the Cross of Death.

Fun fact: During the GFC the Ryman share price dropped by 53% from its pre GFC heights ($2.61 in May 2007) down to its post GFC bottom ($1.22 in March 2009). If we get the same pattern again we might look at a $6 handle in early 2020.

Something to look forward to?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Ryman just passed the Cross of Death.

Fun fact: During the GFC the Ryman share price dropped by 53% from its pre GFC heights ($2.61 in May 2007) down to its post GFC bottom ($1.22 in March 2009). If we get the same pattern again we might look at a $6 handle in early 2020.

Something to look forward to?
    If that happens wonder what OCA will be at ...70 cents something
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The RYM chart has been mimicking SUM very closely for the past three months ... or is it the other way around?

SUM crossed over a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If that happens wonder what OCA will be at ...70 cents something
    Anything is possible. But might still be a safer option for many punters to temporarily lose 50% on a good stock (and I refer here to RYM as well as to OCA) than to realise a 100% loss on cash during the next banking crisis. Just saying before everybody runs ...

And while we are in the spirit, this is probably an as good opportunity as any to wish everybody here a joyful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Just remember - money does not make happy, so who cares, what the markets will do ;

I do enjoy (most of) the banter and looking forward to all your contributions in the New Year!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)