sharetrader
Page 1 of 423 123451151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Advanced Member

Default RYM - Ryman Healthcare

Have quietly been building a holding over the last few years and am suprised doing an archive search that this one hardly recieves any mentions.
    Seems one of the best and safest long term holds on the NZSE cant think of any better really.

Seems to me that the more risky and hopeless it is the more people here want to talk about it, one only has to think back to aquaria 21 and ITC to see that to be the case.

I have been avoiding these forums over the past year or so because i found they were leading me to make more purchases / sales than was often prudent.
    In the age of the internet patience and quietly building a big innings (like thorpe !! ) seems to be out of fashion now, instead has been replaced by a slogging mentality where the object is to hit a six into blue sky (like mcmillan), And we all know hes often out for a duck.

Ratkin-if you are going to talk about shares then don't expect much response on this forum-I have almost given up on it.Posters generally prefer nonsense topics and this site has gone downhill rapidly over the last 6 mths.

I recently started a thread on Turners & Growers-a coy that will list shortly with $1b revenue,controlled by GPG who are restructuring the group-and did not get one response.

IMO RYM should be a good long term hold in a growth sector-lots of "old folks"coming on stream over the next 20 yrs.Like you I have held over the last yr or so.I think it will do well.

Good points skinny. Wondering what exposure they have if property prices were to dive, i.e. what is their debt secured against and could they be asked for more money?

Census figures may give a good indication of 'clients' likely to come on stream on a year by year basis.

Tend to agree with Skinny and think that you've done well to get in early. If market tanks here and interest rates drop then it might be good bolt hole.
    Fantasy Premier League 2006/07, 2007/08, and 2008/09 Champion :-)

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - C&H

Maybe the admin should include a non share folder in the off topic section for people that dont want to talk about shares.

Good points skinny-I guess the main risk is with the new projects.However,currently around 450,000 people are over 65-this is expected to grow to 924,000 by 2026.

The aged care sector has a problem with the new Holidays Act. Increased costs of sick & holiday leave, are significant, & the Govt, care subsidy, has not increased for many years. It probably affects RYM & MET less than others, because of their "retirement," rather than "aged care" emphasis.

Well said Oracle.
    'Aged care' is a real mine field. Funding is more & more reliant on Govt, especially when the qualifying for subsidy is exempt from asset testing kicks in - already signalled by Govt. Thus unless co-payment from the client is possible (Govt may bar or limit this), the 'aged care' provider is in dire strait.
    I.E. increasing costs, 'capped' funding = diminishing profits and/or dimishing services/standards.

Foodee-could you explain in more detail please as I don'tfollow.

KJ

Go to the Abano website, & read their May newsletter, the last page!

Think there was a mention on here about a company going round buying up private rest homes with a view to listing. Indicates that a third listed rest home provider may be on the horizon. A crowded marketplace?

Definitely a growth area, but between MET and Ryman, who's going to pick a winner/dominant player? Upsides for both of them.
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence