sharetrader
Page 101 of 462 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4618

Good discussion on the RYM thread

thanks for your comments Queensstfarmer

percy

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Dividend yeild is only one part of investor return. If you want a bond like return, why not buy bonds.

Their earnings growth is greater than their funding cost so it makes sense to keep growing rather than distribute those profits.
    On this subject there is a wonderful thread here on sharetrader.;Owner Earnings vs Free Cash Flow.
    Sauce and Snoopy have a great discussion.A must read.

Cheers NZsilver. Perhaps the "too boring to talk about" needs to be updated?

Veteran novice

RYM is a great stock - I think that most of us agree that it's one of NZ's best - but Queenstfarmer makes a valid point in cautioning that the SP may have run a little ahead of itself. Come to that, perhaps the whole NZ market is running a bit hard, weight of money/low interest rates and all that. I think I'll watch from the sidelines for awhile.

No just putting a view out there. Yes I am looking at it from a dividend angle. The pyramid analogy is based on all the investors whom get in now that its sky rocketing to wherever it may head. Unlike a pyramid scheme they won't lose their money because they get in later...however I don't see them making the huge capital gains previous investors have over the past 5 years. I see them relying on a generous dividend policy from Ryman....which in my view, is quite some time off.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Queenstfarmer View Post
    No just putting a view out there. Yes I am looking at it from a dividend angle. The pyramid analogy is based on all the investors whom get in now that its sky rocketing to wherever it may head. Unlike a pyramid scheme they won't lose their money because they get in later...however I don't see them making the huge capital gains previous investors have over the past 5 years. I see them relying on a generous dividend policy from Ryman....which in my view, is quite some time off.
    If you want a dividend stock, buy Telecom. Great yield, shame about the share price.

There are plenty of yeild stocks out there, RYM is not one and I assume no one is buying or holding RYM for its yeild so why bring it up (just trying to understand). Seems as pointless as talking about XRO and profit
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Thank you macduffy...I did say earlier...too much...too soon.

Banned

M think will run to 9.90.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow One day the price might drop

I presumed that the $6.90 figure was a 12month target. However the market appears to assuming it needs to get there by tea-time.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    EDIT: What I'm interested in is what people value this stock at now?
    Isn't that what the stock exchange is for?