sharetrader
Page 144 of 465 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 4646

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pretty high volumes pushed it up to 8 bucks

Some insto topping up
    The sudden spurt from the $7 mark occurred about 3 weeks ago when the friends and relatives of those privy to the results and plans of Ryman hear the news. Happens all the time to virtually any share in any market.

On the Friday just traded, they did close at $7.90 but trading for the day was high at over NZ$25million worth, a peak of $8.12 with a Volume Weighted Average Price of just over $8.00

As such I expect the official news will be good and should include a fair amount of the following in no particular order:

• Record Profit.
    • Record Revenue.
    • Record NZ Cashflow.
    • Purchase of a second site in Melbourne.
    • Listing on the ASX.
    • Strong interest and pre-sales in Wheelers Hill.
    • Construction completion of Wheelers Hill on budget and on time or ahead of forecast.
    • Growth in realised profits by around (exceeding?) 20%
    • Location announcement of at least 2 out of the 4 sites that they bought in July 2013 (I am going to guess Auckland, Wellington, Tauranga, and Hastings).
    • Increase in build rate.
    • Bonus issue dividend (Who knows? I think they have had at least one in the past).
    • Share split (might be a year or two early for this one).
    • Opening of Bruce McClaren village in Howick.
    • Commencement of construction in Petone.

My guesses anyway. 6 days until us minions find out.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Talking A lot changes in 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    ...Opening of Bruce McClaren village in Howick...
    As a McLaren fan, who will be waking up at 2am local time on Monday to watch the US Grand Prix (which McLaren will not win , not a good season) I would like to point out you have spelt the name wrong.

From Dec 1998 to Nov 2006 I used to live nearby, the site was a motel with a big pond and grass outback if I remember correctly.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    As a McLaren fan, who will be waking up at 2am local time on Monday to watch the US Grand Prix (which McLaren will not win , not a good season) I would like to point out you have spelt the name wrong.

From Dec 1998 to Nov 2006 I used to live nearby, the site was a motel with a big pond and grass outback if I remember correctly.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    A travesty of a typo... used to do it with McLean and McClean, surname of a good friend of mine.
    Re US Grand Prix, NZ Monday 2am = Thailand Sunday 8pm so I will be watching.

The sudden spurt from the $7 mark occurred about 3 weeks ago when the friends and relatives of those privy to the results and plans of Ryman hear the news. Happens all the time to virtually any share in any market.

On the Friday just traded, they did close at $7.90 but trading for the day was high at over NZ$25million worth, a peak of $8.12 with a Volume Weighted Average Price of just over $8.00

As such I expect the official news will be good and should include a fair amount of the following in no particular order:

• Record Profit.
    • Record Revenue.
    • Record NZ Cashflow.
    • Purchase of a second site in Melbourne.
    • Listing on the ASX.
    • Strong interest and pre-sales in Wheelers Hill.
    • Construction completion of Wheelers Hill on budget and on time or ahead of forecast.
    • Growth in realised profits by around (exceeding?) 20%
    • Location announcement of at least 2 out of the 4 sites that they bought in July 2013 (I am going to guess Auckland, Wellington, Tauranga, and Hastings).
    • Increase in build rate.
    • Bonus issue dividend (Who knows? I think they have had at least one in the past).
    • Share split (might be a year or two early for this one).
    • Opening of Bruce McClaren village in Howick.
    • Commencement of construction in Petone.

My guesses anyway. 6 days until us minions find out.
    I agree with you Vaygor, the amount of times I see a decent volume spike just prior to an announcement happens too regularly to be coincidental. It is very easy to become cynical as a minion sharemarket participant. I wonder if those trades ever get audited by those that matter?

The Ryman story is a perfect business though ...recurring revenues backed by NTA's, need big money to replicate, little debt, funded by retained profits, decent dividends, great management etc etc .... neato!!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Important stuff

A travesty of a typo... used to do it with McLean and McClean, surname of a good friend of mine.
    Re US Grand Prix, NZ Monday 2am = Thailand Sunday 8pm so I will be watching.
    Paper Tiger Local Time (Java, Indonesia) is the same as Thai Time.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Paper Tiger Local Time (Java, Indonesia) is the same as Thai Time.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    I will be watching it eating my breakfast at 7.55am.
    McLaren will be exciting next year with young flyer Kevin Magnusson on board.
    Getting the push has been the right motivation for Checo.!

Long breakfast then percy ....or do yo just watch the first few laps in case there is carnage .....gets a bit boring after that

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Long breakfast then percy ....or do yo just watch the first few laps in case there is carnage .....gets a bit boring after that
    Some races this year have been boring,yet others have been fantastic.
    Vettel is just so good,and is always exciting to watch.
    Had to record the races,as I sometimes feel asleep,and missed the finish.!!
    Last edited by percy; 17-11-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    I agree with you Vaygor, the amount of times I see a decent volume spike just prior to an announcement happens too regularly to be coincidental. It is very easy to become cynical as a minion sharemarket participant. I wonder if those trades ever get audited by those that matter?

The Ryman story is a perfect business though ...recurring revenues backed by NTA's, need big money to replicate, little debt, funded by retained profits, decent dividends, great management etc etc .... neato!!
    The other anomaly that occurs is a sudden dip in the share price if the forthcoming news is going to be bad.

I doubt many of the trades get audited. Who's got the time or the budget to look up family trees and facebook friends of all those trades and see if each 'entity' trading (if that can easily be established) has a relationship with an employee of the company or the company's auditor, board, publisher etc? Proving anything is time consuming and lengthy with no guarantee of success.

The only way to hit the limelight with the authorities is to be directly involved with the business in question and trade in high volumes over a short timeframe just before a big announcement. Everything else goes under the radar I believe. How can it not?

I wrote a bit of a rant about this when NPX blipped.
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ht=#post392317

Probably more of a topic in the off-market discussions forum. 12 hours 20 minutes (plus race time) before McLaren pulls off a win for Ryman!

The other anomaly that occurs is a sudden dip in the share price if the forthcoming news is going to be bad.

I doubt many of the trades get audited. Who's got the time or the budget to look up family trees and facebook friends of all those trades and see if each 'entity' trading (if that can easily be established) has a relationship with an employee of the company or the company's auditor, board, publisher etc? Proving anything is time consuming and lengthy with no guarantee of success.

The only way to hit the limelight with the authorities is to be directly involved with the business in question and trade in high volumes over a short timeframe just before a big announcement. Everything else goes under the radar I believe. How can it not?

I wrote a bit of a rant about this when NPX blipped.
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ht=#post392317

Probably more of a topic in the off-market discussions forum. 12 hours 20 minutes (plus race time) before McLaren pulls off a win for Ryman!
    I make it 19 hours plus race time (from the time you posted)

Percy having brekkie in NZ at 8am to watch the start