sharetrader
Page 148 of 462 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 4618
    Guru

It owners don't want the dividend, surely someone in NZ offers a B&B service - common in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Looks like it dipped down to 7.5 as someone dumped over half a mil. Back up to $7.60 now.

Yesterdays report was pretty good - were people really expecting more than that?
    Don't you think the market had already priced in this good result over 3 weeks ago, when it moved from 7 to 8 on "no news"?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Don't you think the market had already priced in this good result over 3 weeks ago, when it moved from 7 to 8 on "no news"?
    That would explain no upward action, not a downward action.

It was a little better than I though it would be (2nd Melbourne location) so expected it to hold or drift up, not to drop.

Veteran novice

Just a typical example of profit-taking. Bought the rumour (expected good result) when the SP rose from $7 about a month ago - now selling the fact (the expected good result).

But I'm holding.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Why is the price down today? I would have thought the answer was obvious.

Morningstar has a sell recommendation and a price target of $5.00 (dated 2 September). This has clearly influenced the sellers out there.

:-)

Back to reality....
    Thanks for your thoughts/viewpoint on this Sparky. Always appreciated and always valued.

MorningDump have just revised their recommendation from $5 to $6 and gone from SELL to REDUCE.

Since I started buying RYM in Sept 2007 for $2.11 MorningDump have never recommended a BUY as far as I can recall.
    Even when RYM went all the way down to about $1.30 in Nov 2008 I don't think MorningDump ever said BUY, or even ACCUMULATE.

You cannot possibly imagine (or maybe you can) the amount of money I would have lost if I had followed their advice.

God forbid they ever come out with a BUY. I will be very worried and sell all I've got at any price out of pure fear and total irrationality.

Oh, I can well imagine. They had a SELL at $3.50 in March of this year. If Nachi Moghe (the Morningstar analyst covering RYM) is reading this website, per chance, then I hope he shaves his head as an act of humility, and commits to wearing sackcloth for the next year.
    Come to think of it, this explains it all.

MorningStar have increased their value in RYM. Given MorningStars reputation, the market has looked at this and come to the rapid conclusion that "This stock is going down!!".

How's this for piffle. Straight out of MorningStars newly revised analysis... "We think the market has been enamoured by the firm's growth prospects.."

RYM has delivered results. XRO is a growth prospect currently being enamoured, so I checked out MorningStars recommendation for them. Result.. there is none. At least they can say they haven't got that one wrong.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile Behind the headline

Not many pages, or numbers, or detail, in the half year so it does not take to long to wander through it.

Apart from that headline Underlying Profit growth the numbers look more on track for the more 'Ryman normal' growth rate.

The interesting oddity is the average sales price per new occupation right which appears to have jumped from approx $350K to $396K, (+13%) whether this is the the new normal (I doubt it) or what I have yet to decide.

Anyway the clown thinks that Ryman is now worth lots more but then clowns always make me laugh.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 22-11-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    The interesting oddity is the average sales price per new occupation right which appears to have jumped from approx $350K to $396K, (+13%) whether this is the the new normal (I doubt it) or what I have yet to decide.
    Surely this is just a function of where the new villages are. They adjust the entry price (and I assume quality/spec/size) to match the surrounding area such that the entry price is lower than the average house price. This is so the oldies can sell their current (hopefully) mortgage free house and not need to raise any more cash.

Since they are currenlty selling Melbourne, and Melbourne is even more expensive than Auckland, this may be the cause. If they start selling a village in the south island outside of chch, nelson, queenstown etc, the price may go down. I note they are currently looking for a new SI site.

Why is the price down today? I would have thought the answer was obvious.
    The price began to drop on 21 Nov 2013 NZ time - around the same time discussions from the Fed about quantitative easing may begin earlier than first thought.

Most stock markets took a drop, right?

From what I read, if employment rates go up then it is an indication that the US economy is improving which means quantitative easing can commence and interest rates will go up.

Which means stocks are less of a viable investment...

Are you sure it's just MorningDump?
    Last edited by robbo24; 22-11-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Ryman spend as little as $5k on the unit to refurbish (because its only 4-6 years old and just needs a coat of paint, carpet and curtain steam-clean), and is then sold for $360,000.
    The real cost is removing the old person smell - it takes hours of labour and thousands of dollars of chemical solvents.

The de-odourisation process also increases the value because it is a factor that the families take into account when deciding where to send their loved one (because the family has to visit).