sharetrader
Page 184 of 462 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 4615

Dear percy...me thinks your last comment is somewhat questionable...especially about NZers who can afford.
    In recent times I have communicated with two elderly folk in CHCH who were only able to afford moving into a RYM village because the value of their homes in recent times had "gone ballistic".
    I really do not like to raise this issue again but are you aware of a looming disaster which some say may eclipse the Earthquake in $dollar terms.
    Leaky homes...i.e. poly castles...with towers.
    In CHCH we have 1000's of them....please surely you have driven around some inner suburds.....around say CHCH Girls High for example...there are hundreds...
    cheers
    Last edited by troyvdh; 21-05-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Dear percy...me thinks your last comment is somewhat questionable...especially about NZers who can afford.
    In recent times I have communicated with two elderly folk in CHCH who were only able to afford moving into a RYM village because the value of their homes in recent times had "gone ballistic".
    I really do not like to raise this issue again but are you aware of a looming disaster which some say may eclipse the Earthquake in $dollar terms.
    In CHCH we have 1000's of them....please surely you have driven around some inner suburds.....around say CHCH Girls High for example...there are hundreds...
    cheers
    Poly as in polystyrene?

Not many houses I see being built these days will last 60-100 years plus like they did in the old days

Even some newish retirement homes look a bit dodgy
    Last edited by winner69; 21-05-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Life is very hard.Adjusting to one's heroes having feet of clay.I went to a Rolf Harris concert as a boy.Thought he was great.So I am very disappointed in him.
    Worse, was I always wanted to be like Rock Hudson ,until he came out of the closet !!!!
    What was your favourite Rolf song Percy?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    cheers
    You are right.There are thousands of NZders living in camping grounds.Others can't afford a house ,so live in a bus.A lot reach retirement age with huge mortgages on their homes.Others have to get reverse mortgages .A great number have to get a good price for their home to pay for a retirement village unit.
    I am right.There are thousands of NZders who reach retirement age and have an have an average value houses approx. $500,000 with out a mortgage.There are huge number of NZders who own more than one home.There are thousands who own more than two homes.There are thousands who own holiday homes worth more than a retirement village unit.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Tie me Kangaroo down sport.!

Most people who have a house in this area,would be able to sell it,have a couple of world trips,buy a couple of new Mercs,a Ryman unit and still have plenty left over.
    Again we must say "well done Ryman,you have done it again."
    One one proper Mercedes mate...we're talking S Class Ryman have had a great run, their SP is up circa 500% in the last 5 years and at $8.30, even after the recent SP correction they trade on 35.17 times last years underlying earnings of 23.6 cps. As Craig's top analyst correctly pointed out, growth slowed in the second half and their projected growth in build rates are not what they once were. A further slowing of EPS growth or an increase in interest rates could see that "market darling" PE come under considerable pressure. On a balanced perspective I see considerably more downside potential than anything else as its already priced for absolute perfection in my opinion. Share split would make no difference as a 35 PE in a stock whose prospects for growth appear to be slowing is a 35 PE no matter which way you slice and dice it. Better prospects for yeild and capital growth elsewhere. Correction is already having an effect on SUM with perhaps more of that to come..buckle up, turbulence ahead ?

British Paints was "Trust British Paints Sure Can" ......must be embarrassing for them that dirty Rolf made that jingle famous. Trust Rolf Sure Can .... Jake the Peg and Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport etc etc all take on a new meaning

Life is very hard.Adjusting to one's heroes having feet of clay.I went to a Rolf Harris concert as a boy.Thought he was great.So I am very disappointed in him.
    Worse, was I always wanted to be like Rock Hudson ,until he came out of the closet !!!!

Tie me Kangaroo down sport.!
    I wish you guys would stop knocking Rolf Harris. When I was 8, he arranged a game for my classmates to milk a cow blindfolded.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow From Here to There

Attachment 5837

Orange bordered blue areas:

Lower Right: Weary Dunlop RV
    Upper Left: New Ryman Site

Distance between: less than 3km

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow A brief summary of things

Attachment 5838

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

[QUOTE=Paper Tiger;481602]Distance between: less than 3km/QUOTE]

Thanks PT.
    Nice couple of posts.

Distance is 2.3 kms by the main road if you measure it on Google Earth.
    The new location appears to be called Notting Hill.
    Far enough away to appeal to a new set of locals but close enough to economise on some management functions and mobile assets during both the construction period and day-to-day village operations once complete.

Maybe they could keep the football field in place and get a 75+ veterans footy league established between the two sites.