sharetrader
Page 191 of 462 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 4618

I've just had a look at the annual meeting resolutions and I must say that I'm not sold on the proposal to increase the directors fee pool to $730K.

The staff share scheme also seems lopsided, with a $5m pool available to management for interest free loans, while the rest of the staff have a mere $0.12m pool for 50% interest free loans. Personally, I'd rather see both aligned at 50% and a re-balancing of the pool particularly on the line-staff side of the equation.

What are your thoughts?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    I've just had a look at the annual meeting resolutions and I must say that I'm not sold on the proposal to increase the directors fee pool to $730K.

The staff share scheme also seems lopsided, with a $5m pool available to management for interest free loans, while the rest of the staff have a mere $0.12m pool for 50% interest free loans. Personally, I'd rather see both aligned at 50% and a re-balancing of the pool particularly on the line-staff side of the equation.

What are your thoughts?
    The Pope would most probably think they are being greedy.
    I would have to agree with him.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down One thing I do not like about RYM

This share-scheme ?started? last year (see discussion on this very thread).

I thought it showed an unhealthy them and us attitude from the top then and my opinion has not changed since.

As for the Directors fees I am sure they could survive on an increase of 4% instead of 9%.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SimonHouse View Post
    Ryman have announced a new village to be built in Pukekohe. Looks like some strong local support, which is good.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/RYM/announcements/252071
    Looks like a green fields site. I think the Birkenhead site looks far more promising. Though if they can fill them, which RYM can, any site is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    This share-scheme ?started? last year (see discussion on this very thread).

I thought it showed an unhealthy them and us attitude from the top then and my opinion has not changed since.

As for the Directors fees I am sure they could survive on an increase of 4% instead of 9%.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Re the Share Scheme, I agree. The argument from the RYM Board being that if they didn't offer this type of scheme to Management as then they would have to offer them something else of the same dollar magnitude as part of their package anyway. Well fine, offer them something else that is not subject to FBT.

On the directors fees, I have mixed feelings. They are doing a great job but is 9% too much? They are achieving 15-20% growth per annum increase in my dividends and eventual share worth. Director's fees are not a great deal of money on the scheme of things. If anything, extra money for the Board means slightly more pressure on them to continue performing, but maybe 5% increase is more appropriate given that is the same %age they have increased their staff's wages by.

On other thing that slightly disappoints is that in the latest Annual Report RYM, apart from just stating the numbers, do not acknowledge that they didn't achieve their target build rate of 700 units for the year… only achieving "607 units/beds offset by 74 units/beds which are being redeveloped" (Note 3 at the bottom of page 17). I don't know what they mean by 'redeveloped' and if this offset of 74 is positive or negative. Assuming positive, this means 681 units/beds. It is a small amount to miss by but in my view they should have a sentence or two acknowledging the gap and providing a bit more detail…. accountability that might help justify a 9% increase in Director's fees.

Veteran novice

Another Ryman village on the drawing board.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1022...day:dailybrief

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Another Ryman village on the drawing board.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1022...day:dailybrief
    The old Tip Top bread factory .A stones throw from Countdown and 2 minutes walk to the hospital ...very well located. Ryman been very busy the last couple of months .

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...velopment.html

Interestingly six analysts covering the stock have an average forecast price target of $8.25.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    The old Tip Top bread factory .A stones throw from Countdown and 2 minutes walk to the hospital ...very well located. Ryman been very busy the last couple of months .
    It will be interesting to see what they paid and whether foodstuffs were willing to take a loss just to ensure it didn't go to a competitor.

Do Ryman have any ogre small footprint villages or is this a new thing for them as they move into more intensified suburbs?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    It will be interesting to see what they paid and whether foodstuffs were willing to take a loss just to ensure it didn't go to a competitor.

Do Ryman have any ogre small footprint villages or is this a new thing for them as they move into more intensified suburbs?
    Not much chance of a competitor to Foodstuffs being interested now. Countdown opened their Newtown supermarket down the road a couple of years ago. Foodstuffs have plans for a store near the Basin Reserve.