sharetrader
Page 192 of 462 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 4615

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    The old Tip Top bread factory .A stones throw from Countdown and 2 minutes walk to the hospital ...very well located. Ryman been very busy the last couple of months .
    And a minutes walk from the funeral home up the road

Funny as the fight between Progressive and Foodstuffs in Newtown.

Progressive were really pissed when Foodstuffs 'stole' the Tip Top site from them. It was going to be the car park for the Countdown. Buildign had to be redesigned to allow for an undergrowund carpark etc etc

Foodstuffs paid an outrageous price for it but achieved their aim of pissing Pprogressive off. Hopefully Ryman got it a lot cheaper than $8m.

Foodstuffs (according to folklore) encouraged (paid_ the local night time artists to do some beautification of the building in an really ugly way so the nice new shiney Countdown looked a bit out of place. After a while a peace accord seems to have been reached and not too much graffiti on it at the moment

Whatever Ryman build hope they don't have something the Angus Rita in Kilbirnie .... that's an eyesore in its own right

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...velopment.html

Interestingly six analysts covering the stock have an average forecast price target of $8.25.
    Come on mate you can't believe these clowns they must be looking for more brokerage from their clients selling, Ryman seem to be uping the anti SP will probably be $10 this time next year aye
    Last edited by couta1; 03-07-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Come on mate you can't believe these clowns they must be looking for more brokerage from their clients selling, Ryman seem to be uping the anti SP will probably be $10 this time next year aye
    Thats a bit better than your $ 6.50 valuation Roger . Now back in your box till the share price reaches your lvl

Default Ogres with small feet

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    ogre small footprint villages
    I'm not sure there are enough small footprint ogres in Wellington to justify a whole village. You must be thinking of Orcland.

Interesting Milford have little exposure to Ryman in their biggest funds (not amongst the list of holdings of 1% or more of the fund)

Have Summerset though

Without doing the sums properly it appears that have a (surprisingly) low exposure to the retirement sector in their Trans Tasman holdings

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down When quick is too slow

Milford does not like Ryman because Brian thinks continuous 15-20% annual growth is too conservative:

Brian Gaynor: Top firms need to lift earnings performance
    "Ryman Healthcare has excellent long-term growth prospects but it only has targeted earnings growth of between 15 per cent and 20 per cent per annum because of land constraints and the unwillingness to take on too much risk."

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 05-07-2014 at 02:44 PM. Reason: formatting was 'orrible
    om mani peme hum

percy

Unlike Brian I prefer to hold Ryman instead of Mercers [non-retirement sector].

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    12 months is too short a time frame for the measure. 10 years is too long in my opinion too.

One can look at a range of RYM Share Prices as datum points over 10 years for what the share was 'worth' then…. and a range of SP over the the last 12 months say to deem what the share is worth now.

Using different datum points and different current worth values, one can get a large range in calculated growth rate.

What I do know is this. In 2007 I bought RYM shares when there PE was 35. Seven years on, I am confident that that particular purchase will give me pre-tax 100% return on my investment in dividends alone within 14 years. In terms of earnings I would need to get out the calculator but I think that very purchase has already earned itself more than what I paid for them…. in only 7 years.

Isn't RYM's PE 35 at the minute? I should buy more... but I have enough... and need to diversify my portfolio a bit more.
    Is the PE 21 now? According to IRG and ASB....... are they missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Is the PE 21 now? According to IRG and ASB....... are they missing something ?
    It is 10:55pm where I am so can't go into too much detail at the minute.

To briefly answer your question (kind of) is… well… it depends. Refer to this post from PT for the issues to think about:
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post481906

..and this post from Roger is very helpful and may help clarify:
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post480634

Suggest you read and absorb the last 8 months of posts on this thread to clarify further; there is a lot of other good info amongst it all too.