sharetrader
Page 232 of 462 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 4615
    Banned

I hear though the Couta hotline that demand for units at the 2nd Aussie village is staggering.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I hear though the Couta hotline that demand for units at the 2nd Aussie village is staggering.
    Thanks for your post.
    Hope it is OK to say "no surprises there", the fun is just starting.!

I had a good read through the annual report over the weekend. Excellent report and well worth a good read with lots of nice pictures to keep one interested. Unprecedented demand at our Auckland and Melbourne villages and concentrating on those area's as they have the highest profit margins sounds bloody good to me as does the fact that this is a needs based business.
    You'd struggle to find a company with a more impressive long term track record of strong growth on the NZX and that would be because there isn't a finer example of a growth company in N.Z.
    This is arguably the only company that you can reliably predict future earnings with any degree of certainty which makes the use of the Benjamin Grahame valuation formula the most applicable to Ryman and has the stock valued at over $10. I hold for long term capital gain. This is classic investment at its simplest. Just look at their market capitalisation and their track record and how they've grown over the last fifteen years and those of us in our fifties can imagine what it will be when we retire in fifteen years time.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-07-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Hello guys, I am new to this forum.
    Did everyone receive dividends? It says the payable date is 26/06/2015 but i still didn't receive it yet hmm....

Btw I believe Ryman is one of the best company in NZ. I am willing to hold it for more than 10 years as long as they can keep up this level of performance

Veteran novice

Yes, the div was paid on 26 June. I'm quietly adding a few more at prices sub $8.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    Hello guys, I am new to this forum.
    Did everyone receive dividends? It says the payable date is 26/06/2015 but i still didn't receive it yet hmm....

Btw I believe Ryman is one of the best company in NZ. I am willing to hold it for more than 10 years as long as they can keep up this level of performance
    I paid $1.80 on 2007 and been topping up ever since

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I paid $1.80 on 2007 and been topping up ever since
    Clever...Great investing.!

Handsome Member

Hi Guys,
    What makes Ryman a good buy at the moment. I am looking at the last 2 years and the SP has not risen much and the div yield is <2%. Is if because they have good growth?
    I am sure I missed the boat when it was really cheap but is it really a good buy now?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Hi Guys,
    What makes Ryman a good buy at the moment. I am looking at the last 2 years and the SP has not risen much and the div yield is <2%. Is if because they have good growth?
    I am sure I missed the boat when it was really cheap but is it really a good buy now?
    First of all welcome to sharetrader...
    You can find the answer to your question right on this thread.
    Start reading from either the first post,or No.100, and come back and tell us the answer.

Guru

I am not so sure about the 3 'big' retirement villages at this moment (Ryman, Summerset, Metlifecare), with the Auckland housing market (that has heavily helped these villages make money) apparently 'topping off', and residents now "banding together" (or words to that effect) to try and get better care or prices or something from retirement villages, it is hard to say if these 3 big ones are 'buys'

I have liked the fact Ryman does also have a strong care focus (unlike Summerset which is heavily 'property focused' - great for now, maybe not so much in coming years), but just because Ryman has come back in recent weeks doesn't automatically make it a buy, valuations still seem a bit 'stretched' for me to get really excited about Ryman

(Mean while ARV continues to go unnoticed at 86c with 5-6% cash dividend yield, and Price/FY16 pro-forma underlying profit of just 13! - not 100% sure on these figures... DYOR)

However, as with any retirement villages, I believe they can only increase over time, some have just already priced in that increase.