sharetrader
Page 237 of 462 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 4615

At least with Ryman it's a 2-way street and they're happy to take the risk on Capital Loss.

This one of their 9 guarantees...

No Capital Loss

It will be important to you and your family that you have certainty regarding the amount you are repaid when you leave the village, and that you are not exposed to any capital loss when the unit is on-sold.

“We guarantee to repay you the balance of your occupancy advance, and that the amount repaid will not be affected by a decline in the value of the unit.”

Reference. http://www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz/the...ind-guarantees then click guarantee #7

I don't know what SUM & Metlife's policy is in this area.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 04-09-2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: typo.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Great company .... delivers year after year .... and no doubt another 20% increase in underlying profit this year to $120m plus

That a multiple of 36 at todays price

History says buying today at that multiple will result in a negative returns over the next 3 and 5 years (even though earnings will go up 20% pa)

Only make serious money (as a medium/long term investment) when you buy in with that multiple at 20 or less.

Already holding .... ride it as long as you can but it be inevitable that the market will take away some of the past few years gains if you hold ..... or just put in the bottom draw and don't look at the RYM shareprice until 2020 when it will be $15 - that way you would have missed the pain of seeing it fall to $7 before it rises again
    Posted that May 2014 when share price was $8.80

Negative returns from then for the next 3 to 5 years still likely ...at least on track after 18 months

Just history repeating itself - Roger still might just get his $6.50

I will just follow the chart

And meanwhile Ryman earnings continue to boom
    Last edited by winner69; 06-10-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Posted that May 2014 when share price was $8.80

Negative returns from then for the next 3 to 5 years still likely ...at least on track after 18 months

Just history repeating itself - Roger still might just get his $6.50

I will just follow the chart

And meanwhile Ryman earnings continue to boom
    Might be worth a flutter that they will jump up 10-20% from here on next months update?

Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    Might be worth a flutter that they will jump up 10-20% from here on next months update?
    Having sold down when it was over $8, I've started buying back now. To me, it no longer looks overpriced on underlying earnings - hasn't been this cheap since end of 2012, start 2013.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    Having sold down when it was over $8, I've started buying back now. To me, it no longer looks overpriced on underlying earnings - hasn't been this cheap since end of 2012, start 2013.
    Excellent buying at current prices for a company thats doing the business as usual behind the scenes, I'm expecting a big jump in underlying profit come years end with a good jump in the share price to go with it but DYOR.

been watching and hoping buy few around $6.8 if lucky.

percy

I too am looking to buy some more,just the timing.I did not think they would fall below $7.50.I will however wait until the share price heads upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I too am looking to buy some more,just the timing.I did not think they would fall below $7.50.I will however wait until the share price heads upwards.
    today close at $7.14, but volume is light.

Yes, its back to late 2013 levels. Id say good buying in terms of value, but with this downtrend - it could get even lower!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You are wiser than me Percy, I have already lost 17 cents a share on the parcel I bought yesterday! I like to back my view of the story against the trend, but I think I will also wait a bit before buying the next parcel in case it really tanks.