sharetrader
Page 253 of 464 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4633

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    When punters work out that Arvida is the place to really be and the stock to be in Ryman will be rerated down
    I have no idea (yet) whether Arvida is the place to be, but I doubt their business, or RYM's SUM's MET's will materially influence each other's SP. The retirement-sector pie I think is currently too big for that.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Yes all good above $ 8.00 again thats a long way off some posters on here incessant call for $ 6.50 ....."tell him he's dreaming "
    I think the fact RYM is trading at $8.17 which is above the 50day EMA $7.78,the 100 day EMA $7.79, and the 200 day EMA $7.86 confirms $6.50 is for dreamers only.

Guru

When punters work out that Arvida is the place to really be and the stock to be in Ryman will be rerated down
    Why is it the place to be?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think the fact RYM is trading at $8.17 which is above the 50day EMA $7.78,the 100 day EMA $7.79, and the 200 day EMA $7.86 confirms $6.50 is for dreamers only.
    Current price makes the dreamers purchase at $7.20 odd a month or so ago look really good, especially so after the same dreamers sold out in the high 800s last year.

Price movements still going to plan .... dreamers see taking profits soon and then having another go when the share price has a 7 in front of it (dreaming of say $7.30 this time as that $6.50 is now a couple of years old)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Why is it the place to be?
    t_j presents a good case on this thread http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...&highlight=Arv

As usual when someone has some strong convictions about a business the knockers come out and put them down
    Last edited by winner69; 09-12-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Current price makes the dreamers purchase at $7.20 odd a month or so ago look really good, especially so after the same dreamers sold out in the high 800s last year.

Price movements still going to plan .... dreamers see taking profits soon and then having another go when the share price has a 7 in front of it (dreaming of say $7.30 this time as that $6.50 is now a couple of years old)
    That is a strange statement. When I said it was good value at $7.20 and that I was buying, weren't you an Roger going on at some length about what a poor investment it was???

Banned

t_j presents a good case
    LOL. You are a crack up, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    That is a strange statement. When I said it was good value at $7.20 and that I was buying, weren't you an Roger going on at some length about what a poor investment it was???
    Biscuit

What I was saying was that when valuations reach extremes the subsequent 3 to 5 years returns are poor (mostly negative). Ryman multiples peaked early last year and is still in the process of reverting to more normal levels. In this context Ryman at $7.20 still not a 'good' investment as returns for the next year or so are possibly still going to be poor.

What's important in the short term though is how punters feel about a company, fundamentals mean squat all on a day to day or week by week basis. Prevailing market sentiment drives day to day activity. Punters started feeling happy again and started buying shares, including Ryman ones.

Probably the different thinking of long term investors v short medium term 'traders' (for want of a better word). Mind you the dreamers previous 'trade' in Ryman lasted several years. Goodness knows how long this 'trade' will last

Still reckon RYM shareprice will hover around the $8 mark for a year or so .....but maybe some good opportunities to make money in the mean time.
    Last edited by winner69; 09-12-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Biscuit

What I was saying was that when valuations reach extremes the subsequent 3 to 5 years returns are poor (mostly negative). Ryman multiples peaked early last year and is still in the process of reverting to more normal levels. In this context Ryman at $7.20 still not a 'good' investment as returns for the next year or so are possibly still going to be poor.

What's important in the short term though is how punters feel about a company, fundamentals mean squat all on a day to day or week by week basis. Prevailing market sentiment drives day to day activity. Punters started feeling happy again and started buying shares, including Ryman ones.

Probably the different thinking of long term investors v short medium term 'traders' (for want of a better word). Mind you the dreamers previous 'trade' in Ryman lasted several years. Goodness knows how long this 'trade' will last

Still reckon RYM shareprice will hover around the $8 mark for a year or so .....but maybe some good opportunities to make money in the mean time.
    I agree with that to some extent but I think if you were buying at that time it might have been better to disclose that considering that you were simultaneously making negative statements about the prospects of the shares and appeared (to me) to be supporting Roger's stance about the prospects of the company. I think at $7.20, given the quality of the company and that it was close to making an announcement that would inevitably be positive, for a short/medium term buy it was a pretty safe bet (as apparently did you).

...WOW....good volumn too....well on reflection should I say...reasonably good dollar value ...cheers
    Last edited by troyvdh; 23-12-2015 at 05:38 PM.