sharetrader
Page 255 of 462 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 4618

I don't see any need or merit in a Share split unless its cracked $10.00. My $0.02
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I don't see any need or merit in a Share split unless its cracked $10.00. My $0.02
    Should crack 10 bucks in the next 12-18 months right?

dear axe..."should" ...me thinks that would only occur if there is fundamental change of thought/expectation/valuation et al of all retirement entities...Logically with all 3 major players ...the on going "story" is perfect...but therein lies the problem...seldom does outcome of any story become "perfect"...just saying after 30 + years in the MKT.

Veteran novice

I've never understood our Kiwi enthusiasm to see a share split for a successful company. Yes, I know the "more marketable" argument but a high SP hasn't hindered the likes of CBA, Blackmores, CSL, Macquarie Bank etc. Does being Aussie companies make a difference? Apple?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I've never understood our Kiwi enthusiasm to see a share split for a successful company. Yes, I know the "more marketable" argument but a high SP hasn't hindered the likes of CBA, Blackmores, CSL, Macquarie Bank etc. Does being Aussie companies make a difference? Apple?

It is like a bonus issue. Makes no actual difference to the value of the company but people like the process. The opposite happens on consolidation of shares. Weird behaviour.

777 Totally agree...weird behaviour indeed...its my experience that folk would rather buy a $1 share than a $5 share...because its more acceptable/affordable...and it sounds more impressive to say I have 5000 of something than 1000....come on guys you know this...it aint rocket science...this issue I believe has held back many investors from buying....

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    777 Totally agree...weird behaviour indeed...its my experience that folk would rather buy a $1 share than a $5 share...because its more acceptable/affordable...and it sounds more impressive to say I have 5000 of something than 1000....come on guys you know this...it aint rocket science...this issue I believe has held back many investors from buying....
    I agree too.. even though I think it's weird and shouldn't really happen in theory.

My experience is about a permanent 10% increase in Market Cap (equals a 10% increase in adjusted SP) following a 4:1 to 10:1 share split. Visa versa, a 10% drop (or even more) for a comparable share consolidation.

Is it correct to assume that given the value of shares traded today that the current SP of around $8...that the SP will not venture south again ?....

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Is it correct to assume that given the value of shares traded today that the current SP of around $8...that the SP will not venture south again ?....
    That depends on how many shareholders with how many shares think that RYM is a sell at these levels. And ditto those still prepared to buy .......

That's my point..given the amount of trades...have not more than a few displayed their 'positions"...cheers