sharetrader
Page 257 of 464 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 4633
    Banned

It's not about the ethics of Ryman's charging regime, its happening across the whole sector. Might I also point out that the above article has a few inaccuracies in it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Some interesting comments about the ethics of Ryman's charging regime.

Chris Lee Taking Stock 7th April 2016...
    A relative is in a rest home (not RYM , MET or SUM) and gets no rest home subsidy. Consequently they cannot afford any extras. The basic room however still includes a window and wash basin! The room, while old is well cleaned and is big enough for their needs. The ensuite is shared with the next door neighbour - there does not seem to be any issue with that and it's well cleaned. I would expect an exclusive ensuite to be "an extra" luxury. Surely lack of a bedroom window would be against regulations?

Interestingly, a local fund manager has taken a short position on RYM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
    Interestingly, a local fund manager has taken a short position on RYM
    They are going to get their arse kicked then arn't they

Ryman outbid by Benetas in potential Doncaster Hill site. Article from 10 days ago.

"Mr Minton said it was unusual that the two final bidders for the site were aged care providers, with New Zealand-based Ryman Healthcare the runner up.".

http://www.smh.com.au/business/prope...28-gnsa8o.html

I guess you can't win 'em all. The above providing further insight as to RYM's activity around Melbourne at present. Interesting to note the height restriction for the site (6 stories) significantly lower than the surrounding area (14-16 stories).

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Ryman outbid by Benetas in potential Doncaster Hill site. Article from 10 days ago.

"Mr Minton said it was unusual that the two final bidders for the site were aged care providers, with New Zealand-based Ryman Healthcare the runner up.".

http://www.smh.com.au/business/prope...28-gnsa8o.html

I guess you can't win 'em all. The above providing further insight as to RYM's activity around Melbourne at present. Interesting to note the height restriction for the site (6 stories) significantly lower than the surrounding area (14-16 stories).
    Tells me that they won't just pay anything for a site,obviously the position was excellent,but why overpay,that affects the return on investment to RYM and shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Tells me that they won't just pay anything for a site,obviously the position was excellent,but why overpay,that affects the return on investment to RYM and shareholders.
    I completely agree. It could well have been a marginally-qualifying site in weighing it up against Ryman's location criteria. Pure conjecture of course, but my feeling is that if RYM really badly wanted it, they would have got it.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile Small world - another life on another continent

I occasionally used to go to this place when the company I worked for had their offices up the road.
    I can not actually remember what it was then but it was not a Pappa Rich (and I do not generally eat in Pappa Rich restaurants in Malaysia).
    Anyway we much preferred La Porchetta (Italian) nearby.

The site is part way up a long steep hill and the immediately surrounding area is/was basically residential 2 & 3 story.
    It is up at the top of the hill, at the junction, where the multi-story stuff is allowed, like a big shopping mall and an hotel back in 2007-9.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 10-04-2016 at 03:05 PM.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    I completely agree. It could well have been a marginally-qualifying site in weighing it up against Ryman's location criteria. Pure conjecture of course, but my feeling is that if RYM really badly wanted it, they would have got it.
    Gidday mate. Just wondering about our last discussion where you mentioned there would be a series of positive announcements before balance date 31 March 2016...just curious and not trying to rain on your parade but what's happened to all the good news ? What sort of underlying EPS growth are you expecting for the year end 31 March 2016 given that if my memory serves me correctly they didn't make their 15% medium term target at the interim announcement but made reassuring noises about meeting it at year end. If Mr market was expecting a good result wouldn't the analysts have been talking to RYM management and be more upbeat on the stock especially given its due to announce its result in the not too distant future ? (Consensus price target is only $8.50 and average rating a hold
    http://www.4-traders.com/RYMAN-HEALT...072/consensus/ Wouldn't we be seeing some momentum in the SP if Mr market thought there was a extra good result coming ?

Why do you think Nikko asset management and Fisher Funds are on record about or issuing substantial notices confirming they're are piling into SUM but not RYM and when do you honestly expect RYM to break out of its multi year trading range and trade above $9 ?

Sorry for the 101 questions but pPlease don't misinterpret this as a slight on RYM, I think they're a great company, (perhaps still fully priced ?), and am just curious for your thoughts and update.

Here's something mildly amusing that I have never seen before http://www.4-traders.com/SUMMERSET-G...438/consensus/ SUM has some more headroom especially in percentage terms between its current price $4.25 and average analyst target price $4.60 but we have five different analysts with five different ratings covering the full recommendation spectrum !
    Any wonder investors are confused
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-04-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Gidday mate. Just wondering about our last discussion where you mentioned there would be a series of positive announcements before balance date 31 March 2016...just curious and not trying to rain on your parade but what's happened to all the good news ?
    Hi Roger.
    Regarding this question, read my earlier post here:
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post612328
    I must say, I really did think they would be announcing 1 or 2 new villages being open by 31-March just gone. As they have not, I am not entirely sure where the 15%+ increase for the year will come from, suffice to say that at the H1 presentation it was put across as a fait accompli.

What sort of underlying EPS growth are you expecting for the year end 31 March 2016 given that if my memory serves me correctly they didn't make their 15% medium term target at the interim announcement but made reassuring noises about meeting it at year end. If Mr market was expecting a good result wouldn't the analysts have been talking to RYM management and be more upbeat on the stock especially given its due to announce its result in the not too distant future ? (Consensus price target is only $8.50 and average rating a hold
    http://www.4-traders.com/RYMAN-HEALT...072/consensus/ Wouldn't we be seeing some momentum in the SP if Mr market thought there was a extra good result coming ?
    Underlying Profit of $158 million for YE-31-March-2016. By my calcs, this equates to a share price by about mid July of over $9.00 … still yet to see any real momentum to even the $8.80 mark but I think its close. FY announcement about 6 weeks away (May 20th or there abouts).

Why do you think Nikko asset management and Fisher Funds are on record about or issuing substantial notices confirming they're are piling into SUM but not RYM and when do you honestly expect RYM to break out of its multi year trading range and trade above $9 ?
    As per above, actually $9.15 to $9.35 range on the assumption of a rational market and a no-surprises RYM result of UP of $158M.
    No idea re Nikko and FF. I am still not interested in SUM personally until any hangover from the Nora effect has gone… a couple of years away for me I think.

Sorry for the 101 questions but please don't misinterpret this as a slight on RYM, I think they're a great company, (perhaps still fully priced ?), and am just curious for your thoughts and update.

Here's something mildly amusing that I have never seen before http://www.4-traders.com/SUMMERSET-G...438/consensus/ SUM has some more headroom especially in percentage terms between its current price $4.25 and average analyst target price $4.60 but we have five different analysts with five different ratings covering the full recommendation spectrum !
    Any wonder investors are confused
    No worries Roger…as always, time will tell. The two of us seem to be pretty good at arguing the toss re RYM and coming up with a middle ground that more-or-less reflects reality as it unfolds.

Yeah, Analyst's worth of SUM as confusing as it is for RYM I think. Both long-term winners but RYM with a more reliable (less volatile relatively speaking) history for my style of analysis anyway.