sharetrader
Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194
Results 3,861 to 3,864 of 3864

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    Cashflows up 12 percent which suggests the difference of around 5% between cashflow increase and underlying profit is the higher costs they faced due to Covid.

Takapuna site they've purchased looks excellent.

Increase in dividend very welcome.

Last few years they've had record occupancy but have not been hitting their own set 15% p/a growth target so I'm not sure why they are not increasing DMF fees or ORA costs slightly to reflect the premium product they provide. They did a phenomal job at protecting residents during this year and every year so I don't see why a small increase to residents isn't warrented.

They have a very very strong pipeline in the works so next couple of years will be good.
    As a local, love the new Takapuna site on the shore of Lake Pupuke, and just a short walk to Takapuna centre and the beach. Might have to move in in around 20 years! Unless we decide to move to the Mt Eliza site on the Mornington Peninsula.

Disc. long term holder.

I think the care side of the business has (increasingly) has seen squeezed margins, and this is affecting their 15% profit increase target. Cost inflation has well outstripped DHB funding increases in recent years, and covid has (and will) added to that in the immediate past. Yesterday, Gordy said that the industry had incurred about $80m in covid related costs but only been reimbursed by $26m. He said that equated to 2 cups of coffee per resident per day!

i am surprised Ryman haven't moved to a ORA arrangement for the care side of the business (in addition to serviced apartments) similar to Arvida & Oceania. Increasing the DMF on the lifestyle side of the villages to further cross subsidise the care division would, I believe, lose one of their key points of difference, marketing wise.

I suspect covid related costs will accelerate the further demise of many stand alone care facilities that don't have lifestyle units as part of their operations.

The full-year dividend was lifted to 24.2 cents per share, inline with growth in underlying profit and our long-standing policyof paying out 50 percent of underlying profits to shareholders.

Veteran novice

RYM's Victorian villages don't appear to be impacted by the "selected suburbs" being locked down in Melbourne.