sharetrader
Page 91 of 465 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast

Moosie900 take him to there open days and see which model he likes. I am of the right age group but prefer to stay out if I possibly can but if it becomes essential the Metlife villages lifestyle are more to my taste 70plus.
    Possum The Cat

Moosie900 I realized he was not needing one now. But you suggested investing for his old age so it would be better to invest in the model he liked & agreed with. His choice will also give you a better insight into investing in retirement care & facilities.
    Possum The Cat

percy

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Moosie900 take him to there open days and see which model he likes. I am of the right age group but prefer to stay out if I possibly can but if it becomes essential the Metlife villages lifestyle are more to my taste 70plus.
    On behalf of myself and others who hold both RYM and SUM shares I think you have made a wonderful choice.lol
    Last edited by percy; 07-03-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Yep. Just remember those fools from Aspect Huntley/Morningstar/ASB Securities who have a SELL recommendation for Ryman Healthcare.
    Sparky, you seem to be a reasonable sort of person so I don't think you should call Morningstar "fools" because their approach to value, differs from yours. They had a fair value target of $3.30, in Sep 2011 and so at $2.40 they said buy. Their fair value has increased to $3.50, but the price is 30% above that so on that basis they now say sell. I think that is a sound methodology.

Now you may disagree on some of their assumptions they use to get to a $3.50 fair value price, however that is a different kettle of fish. Would you buy Ryman at today's price, if not, at what pullback price would you add more? $3.50?
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    Sparky, you seem to be a reasonable sort of person so I don't think you should call Morningstar "fools" because their approach to value, differs from yours. They had a fair value target of $3.30, in Sep 2011 and so at $2.40 they said buy. Their fair value has increased to $3.50, but the price is 30% above that so on that basis they now say sell. I think that is a sound methodology.

Now you may disagree on some of their assumptions they use to get to a $3.50 fair value price, however that is a different kettle of fish. Would you buy Ryman at today's price, if not, at what pullback price would you add more? $3.50?
    Looks like Moosie and I are putting in 4 cents worth.

I agree with Sparky and Moosie. In particular I think MourningStar at the very least should change there recommendation from SELL to REDUCE.
    With RYM's 16%/annum growth rate (arguably higher these days) today's price of $4.50 soon becomes $5.22 if the PE ratio is to remain constant. They did trade at $4.80 not long ago.

I first bought RYM at $2.11 in Sept 2007 and with the benefit of this wonderful thing called hindsight it was a great buy. The fact is the price dropped after that for a long time and produced even greater bargain buys in RYM.

If the price dropped to $3.50 this year, I would do everything in my power to buy the entire company if that were possible.

I am hoping that the mum & dad investors (as well as some institutions for that matter) will be selling all and sundry (including RYM) in the next few months to get funds for the MRP float thus driving RYM's price down so I can buy some more at a bargain.

Dream-come-true if they go down as far as $4.00 as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 08-03-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    ...you should call Morningstar "fools"...
    Reminds me of their advice to avoid the FSF IPO and buy in below the $5.50 IPO price... Their methods do seem a bit crook at times.

Robbo 24 maybe they are right FSF has been dropping rather fast lately
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Robbo 24 maybe they are right FSF has been dropping rather fast lately
    I don't want to hi-jack the RYM post but Morningstar's predictions were very very wrong unless their recommendations were a Ken Ring/Moon Man style, open-ended prediction that could happen at any time, for any reason, in the future: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10848779

When can we expect a results announcement from the Ryman camp?

Guru

All available info is provided on their site

http://www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz/investor-centre

Indicative key dates for shareholders are outlined below:

Late May Annual results release for year ending 31 March
    Late June Payment of Final Dividend
    Late July /
    early August Annual shareholders meeting
    Late November Interim results release for the six months ending 30 September
    Mid December Payment of Interim Dividend
    Last edited by 777; 08-03-2013 at 02:31 PM.