sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marketing Manager, Direct Broking Ltd

Graeme, does that charge also include the US agency fee?

(scouting around for competitive info

YEs ASB charge between 50 - 90 dollars US per trade. I have had no problems what so ever. They can put the order through to the US almost immediately. for long term buys that is good. The time zones are definitely a problem if trading. If share go down on their friday you have no way of selling because ASB securities don't open on Saturday. If you do use a US broker it takes 3 business days following the day of sale to receive proceeds from any sale. So.. if you want to day trade you need more money in your us account. The US is a good market to trade because there are more traders and in my opinion more opportunities. I sometimes trade mid to large cap stocks but mostly the small cap and penny stocks. Higher risk but more reward.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Deev8 View Post
    That's a very attractive cost per deal - but it's only available if you execute more than 150 trades per quarter. Their regular fee of US$12.99 per deal, which doesn't have any volume qualification, is quite reasonable though, and certainly less than the fees charged by New Zealand banks.

E*TRADE US Commissions & Fees
    That is great, but how do I do transaction? Using Credit card? Paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by graeme50 View Post
    I use ASB Securities for all US stocks including PK OTC NASDAQ and NYSE. their charge is high. Anything from US$50 - US$90 per trade. I wouldn't use them if I wasn't making any money. I also use Noble Trading, a US stockbroker for day trading.
    I hold a US dollar account with ASB but if I want to transfer funds back to New Zealand dollars I have the ASB transfer though my Aussie US account and then back to New Zealand. A lot cheaper because I own a foreign exchange company. incidentally stem cell companies are the next big movers in the states because the 8 year ban on funding will be lifted soon by the new Administration
    Company name? :-D

Marketing Manager, Direct Broking Ltd

Hi Graeme
    The website say
    "0.8% with a minimum of US $50.00 per trade plus Agency Fee 0.4% with a minimum of US 40.00 per trade".
    Have you never been asked to pay the agency fee?
    Julian